none
Silverlight with java script

Question

• How can I create silverlight projecct that is compatable with version 1.0. I am using Visual Studio 2008 beta 2. But here when i create a silverlight project it is always a .NET project.

Friday, September 21, 2007 1:17 AM

Answers

• What I usually do, is create a new project using the ASP.NET Website template, and just add the necessary files.  

1) Silverlight.js from the 1.0 SDK.
    2) createSilverlight.js (Optional) also from the 1.0 SDK

Additionaly, you can add XAML items to your project by just right-click on the project add new items and then select Silverlight Javascript Page.

Hope this helps, happy coding,

Friday, September 21, 2007 11:57 AM
  • You should really be using Visual Studio 2005.  If you have installed the Silverlight 1.0 SDK, then you will see the SL JavaScript template in the IDE.

Otherwise, you can use Blend2 and create the project in there

=> Dave

Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:43 PM

All replies

• What I usually do, is create a new project using the ASP.NET Website template, and just add the necessary files.  

1) Silverlight.js from the 1.0 SDK.
    2) createSilverlight.js (Optional) also from the 1.0 SDK

Additionaly, you can add XAML items to your project by just right-click on the project add new items and then select Silverlight Javascript Page.

Hope this helps, happy coding,

Friday, September 21, 2007 11:57 AM
  • You should really be using Visual Studio 2005.  If you have installed the Silverlight 1.0 SDK, then you will see the SL JavaScript template in the IDE.

Otherwise, you can use Blend2 and create the project in there

=> Dave

Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:43 PM
  • Now what I am doing is creating the project in blend and Opening it from visual studio. It is working fine.

Monday, September 24, 2007 1:58 AM