none
Error code 2103 and Netflix

Question

• Yesterday I had no problem watching streaming videos on Netflix. Now, today every time I try to watch a video I get the following message

Silverlight Installation Problem

Error Code: 2103

You have encountered an issue specific to Microsoft Silverlight, the software used to watch movies on the Netflix website. This issue is often resolved by uninstalling and then reinstalling Microsoft Silverlight on your computer.

To uninstall Microsoft Silverlight on your Windows computer, please follow these steps:

1. Close any currently open internet browser windows
    2. Click on the Start button.
    3. Select Control Panel.
    4. Select Programs & Features.
    5. Locate and click on Microsoft Silverlight
    6. Choose Uninstall.

After completing the above steps, attempting to Watch Instantly on www.netflix.com will prompt you to reinstall Microsoft Silverlight

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I even used Revo Uninstaller as recommended by the Microsoft website to make sure I uninstalled everything but no matter what I do I still get the same message. I have called Netflix and they said it was a problem with Silverlight and they couldn't help me.

HELP PLEASE

Sunday, September 04, 2011 7:00 PM

All replies

• On Friday evening I tried to watch Netflix - I received error code 2103.  I followed all the intructions and have repeated them 3 more times since.  Netflix will not play for me - I get an unknown error after the re-install.  I much enjoy Netflix and would like to watch it again.  Would you please help?

Sunday, September 04, 2011 9:02 PM
  • Ok I tried several things in order to get this fixed, and yea it is now working.

This is what finally worked for me: Under Internet Options go in and delete all of the history and cookies, then go to the advance tab look under securiy click the "empty temp internet files and folders upon closing browser" save changes. This way when you load netflix the system has to look for the netflix app.

Uninstall and reinstall- didn't work

Took IE9 back to IE8- didn't work so I went back to IE9

Deleted all of the silverlight n the reg. Use regedit, then delete everyfile related to silverlight, reboot system and reinstall- worked for a little while- because I forgot to delete the cookies- it probably would have worked perm if I had deleted the cookies first LOL .( you should not try this unless you truly know what you are doing).

reset the default in the internet options- this will work but remember this is permanent and you will have to update you IE again.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Monday, September 05, 2011 12:19 PM
  • The exact same issue happened to me. Reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight as per instructions without a restart of the computer and using standard uninstall from Control Panel. Cleared cache and history reopened Chrome and tried again. Still got same issue.

Solution:

1. Logged out of Netflix

2. Cleared Cache and History and Temp Files then closed Chrome

3. Reopened Chrome, Logged into Netflix and now working

I do not know if the steps taken initially helped resolve the issue but all the above worked for me.

Friday, June 07, 2013 4:13 AM
  • thanks it works
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:33 AM
  • Thank You so much, it worked.
    Monday, October 28, 2013 8:35 PM
  • Clearing my net history worked really well! You just need to clear as far as a week prior and it should work with not problems!
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:13 PM
  • Thanks, it works!
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:36 AM
  • I had this issue I tried to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight with no results I then updated Adobe Flash and then it worked fine
    Thursday, May 01, 2014 4:24 AM
  •  I had the same problem. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it over and over thinking I had forgot something. If you clear your history, It should work. At least it did right away for me.
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:25 PM
  • Yesterday I had no problem watching streaming videos on Netflix. Now, today every time I try to watch a video I get the following message

Silverlight Installation Problem

Error Code: 2103

You have encountered an issue specific to Microsoft Silverlight, the software used to watch movies on the Netflix website. This issue is often resolved by uninstalling and then reinstalling Microsoft Silverlight on your computer.

To uninstall Microsoft Silverlight on your Windows computer, please follow these steps:

1. Close any currently open internet browser windows
    2. Click on the Start button.
    3. Select Control Panel.
    4. Select Programs & Features.
    5. Locate and click on Microsoft Silverlight
    6. Choose Uninstall.

After completing the above steps, attempting to Watch Instantly on www.netflix.com will prompt you to reinstall Microsoft Silverlight

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I even used Revo Uninstaller as recommended by the Microsoft website to make sure I uninstalled everything but no matter what I do I still get the same message. I have called Netflix and they said it was a problem with Silverlight and they couldn't help me.

HELP PLEASE

Follow the steps above. Then log out of netflix, delete all your history and cookies and quit your internet browser. It worked for me after that.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:19 PM