none
Visual Studio 2008 - Problem with New Domain Service Class Dialog

Question

• I've got a strange problem - the controls in the dialog box for creating a new domain service class are unresponsive.  Then, out of nowhere a control will be enabled and a change to the form will be made (ex. the Enable client access checkbox will change it's state).  But, after a brief glimmer of life, the controls in the dialog remain unresponsive.  The OK and Cancel buttons function properly.  Has anyone else experienced this???

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:34 AM

Answers

• I'll investigate with our QA to see if we can repro this.

In the meantime, have you experienced any issues with other WPF controls?  For example, can you write a simple WPF app in VS that just has some checkboxes and buttons to see how they behave?  The DomainService wizard is a WPF Window control, and it is launched via ShowDialog().   It doesn't have much code-behind

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:38 PM

All replies

• Just curious -- are you running in a VM, like VMWare?  This dialog is a WPF control, and we've experienced some WPF problems with VMWare's Dx support (which can be fixed by disabling it).

If this is not the case, could you describe your environment a little more?  And does this problem go away after the first instance or is it always present?

Ron Cain [MSFT]

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:43 AM
  • I'm running on XP Professional x64 with Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition.  No virtual machine. 

This problem is always present. 

Some more detail about the behavior :  When I click on the checkboxes, their state doesn't change.  But, if I then click on the dropdown to select the DataContext the state of the checkboxes will immediately change to correspond to the previous 'ghost' mouse clicks.  For example, if I click on the 'Enable Client Access' checkbox the state won't change, but if I then click on the DataContext selection dropdown then the client access checkbox will immediately change.  This goes for any of the checkboxes on the form.  It's like the form doesn't respond to the mouse events until the dropdown is clicked.  However, after clicking the dropdown once and having the checkboxes change state, the controls on the form are completely unresponsive other than the OK and Cancel buttons.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:15 PM
  • I'll investigate with our QA to see if we can repro this.

In the meantime, have you experienced any issues with other WPF controls?  For example, can you write a simple WPF app in VS that just has some checkboxes and buttons to see how they behave?  The DomainService wizard is a WPF Window control, and it is launched via ShowDialog().   It doesn't have much code-behind

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:38 PM