none
error 2104 in dev environment

    Question

  • Hi,

    I have a RIA Services application. I'm using VS Development Server. Everything was ok, but suddenly application hangs on 99% when I start debugging and throws 2104 error. When I refresh browser, application is loaded correctly.

    I didn't make any recent changes in my application. This problem appeared yesterday. Furthermore, I have to rebuild solution each time i change code (even in xaml files).

    I reinstalled Silverlight, but this didn't help me.

    I searched for a couple of days in the forums but can't seem to find a right answer to me. I think I need a little help with resolving this issue.

    Thanks,
    Ryszard

     

     

     

    Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:17 AM

Answers

  • Hi Ryszard,

    I encountered similar issue when i was using IE9 beta and can be solved when changing to IE compatible mode.

    Which browser are you using? Please try with a different browser or using IE 9 compatible mode and check if this issue persist.

     

    Best Regards,

    Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:22 PM

All replies

  • Hi Ryszard,

    I encountered similar issue when i was using IE9 beta and can be solved when changing to IE compatible mode.

    Which browser are you using? Please try with a different browser or using IE 9 compatible mode and check if this issue persist.

     

    Best Regards,

    Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:22 PM
  • Hi,

    Thank you for your post,

    Unfortunately this problem occurred also in Firefox.

    I thought that this problem was only in my dev environment, but when I deployed application to a remote server I was able to load xap file only if i hit refresh in browser. Moreover when I declared in silverlight control host in start page:

    <param name="source" value="ClientBin/App.xap?t=<%=DateTime.Now.Ticks.ToString()%>"/>

    (in order to prevent xap file caching)

    I was completely unable to load xap file (stopped at 99% with 2104 error) even if I hit refresh browser.

    When I unistalled any Silverlight component and installed only Silverlight 5 runtime the problem with loading application on remote server dissapeared. Installation of Silverlight developer runtime brought it back however.

    I was able to resolve the issue by installing newer version of RIA SERVICES V1.0 SP2 (version 4.1.60909.0). I had previously installed a RC version - 4.1.60730.0).

    So simple solution.

    Thanks everyone for your help

    Best regards
    Ryszard Balcerzak

    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:54 PM