none
error 2104 in dev environment

Question

• Hi,

I have a RIA Services application. I'm using VS Development Server. Everything was ok, but suddenly application hangs on 99% when I start debugging and throws 2104 error. When I refresh browser, application is loaded correctly.

I didn't make any recent changes in my application. This problem appeared yesterday. Furthermore, I have to rebuild solution each time i change code (even in xaml files).

I reinstalled Silverlight, but this didn't help me.

I searched for a couple of days in the forums but can't seem to find a right answer to me. I think I need a little help with resolving this issue.

Thanks,
    Ryszard

Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Ryszard,

I encountered similar issue when i was using IE9 beta and can be solved when changing to IE compatible mode.

Which browser are you using? Please try with a different browser or using IE 9 compatible mode and check if this issue persist.

Best Regards,

Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Ryszard,

I encountered similar issue when i was using IE9 beta and can be solved when changing to IE compatible mode.

Which browser are you using? Please try with a different browser or using IE 9 compatible mode and check if this issue persist.

Best Regards,

Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:22 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your post,

Unfortunately this problem occurred also in Firefox.

I thought that this problem was only in my dev environment, but when I deployed application to a remote server I was able to load xap file only if i hit refresh in browser. Moreover when I declared in silverlight control host in start page:

<param name="source" value="ClientBin/App.xap?t=<%=DateTime.Now.Ticks.ToString()%>"/>

(in order to prevent xap file caching)

I was completely unable to load xap file (stopped at 99% with 2104 error) even if I hit refresh browser.

When I unistalled any Silverlight component and installed only Silverlight 5 runtime the problem with loading application on remote server dissapeared. Installation of Silverlight developer runtime brought it back however.

I was able to resolve the issue by installing newer version of RIA SERVICES V1.0 SP2 (version 4.1.60909.0). I had previously installed a RC version - 4.1.60730.0).

So simple solution.

Thanks everyone for your help

Best regards
    Ryszard Balcerzak

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:54 PM