none
Silverlight World Showcase Download??

Question

• Does anyone know if and where a download of the source code for the Silverlight World showcase application would be?  I am working on an internal project and would like to see how code was built for it.

Thanks,

Wade

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 4:43 PM

Answers

• I thought that since it was a Microsoft Showcase example, as opposed to a commerical offering, they would make the source downloadable.  I find it good to learn from the examples to save time trying to figure it out myself.

Harsh, are you with Microsoft and that is why you said I would not get the code?

If you are not, then could someone from MS let me know if we can get the code?

Saturday, September 13, 2008 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

I don't think you can get source code of those application.

Can you tell you are looking for which kind of application??

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 1:33 AM
  • The one I am interested in is at:

http://silverlight.net/world/

Thanks,

Wade

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

I am able to see only Loading Tag and somecircles are coming at different Position..

Is there any thing else in this one..(If yes let me know because in my system that is only coming but i am expecting something else also).

By using animation i think you can achieve this Functionality..

Here your Background is static..

Only a Circle is there you Hae chjange its size and Probably Position...

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:58 AM
  • What I would like to see is the XAML.  I would like to see the .design file, if they used Expression Design.  Then also the code to bring the data to the UI.

Wade

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 11:38 AM
  • See Wade..

As You will not Get that one you Can try creating one by Yourself..

Add a Canvas in your Project.

Put a Image Inside that.

Put a Coircle Or Some thing.

Create a animation which will change size of Image..

Call that animation again and again on its storyboard's completed handler.

I can help by guiding only...

Let me know if you have any Query or You want to see any other sample Xaml file as i am not having that one...

Friday, September 12, 2008 7:26 AM
  • I thought that since it was a Microsoft Showcase example, as opposed to a commerical offering, they would make the source downloadable.  I find it good to learn from the examples to save time trying to figure it out myself.

Harsh, are you with Microsoft and that is why you said I would not get the code?

If you are not, then could someone from MS let me know if we can get the code?

Saturday, September 13, 2008 11:57 AM
  • Hi,

I am not with microsoft..

Probably you can send  Message/Mail to Microsoft guy and clarify that...

Sunday, September 14, 2008 6:00 AM
  •  Hey Harsh, 

I want to develop functionality similar to silverlight showcase page.  I am very much new to Silverlight (2.0). I am unable to figure out which control to use to display the images on the right hand side of the page (something similar to a datalist control of aspnet). My images will be coming from the database. So somehow I need a control in which I can add the images dynamically. Can you please help me in developing this functionality??

Friday, September 19, 2008 1:23 AM
  • This is not that hard to load the images dynamically. Actually you can use the advantages of .net to implement your app. If you have a database there, just go to make a web service by WCF to let others to retrieve the data. And then in your silverlight app, call that web service by WCF as well. Generating the image block dynamically by your own code, that is not hard anyway. This is the brief idea and try it yourself. Any problems occur, just post out here. I think there should be some people can answer you.

Friday, September 19, 2008 5:50 AM