none
Error code 64c on Windows 7 64

Question

• I have been trying to update to the newest version of Silverlight for the past few days now and it always give me an error (code 64c). I did some searching around on the internet and did not find any viable solutions to my problem. I have downloaded the install from the Silverlight page as well as tried using the windows update installer many times to no avail.

What ends up happening is after the installer extracts the files, which it does to my secondary drive that does not have windows on it, it tries to open the file silverlight.msi in the folder it created and returns an error that says "the path E:\476b55aeadf2d05f95057755df0123cf\silverlight.msi is not a valid installation package for the product Microsoft Silverlight." How can I fix this error to properly receive this update?

Any additional information needed I can provide.

Saturday, October 02, 2010 6:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Try use Cleanup utility to uninstall your silverlight, then reinstall the silverlight again. Check if it could help

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/d77eab76-c443-4234-9e8b-faa15a3a0d94

Thanks,

Monday, October 04, 2010 11:49 PM
  • I have the same problem and used the Clean Up utility without positive results. It failed to resolve the problem in spite of the fact that after running it the utility did find an error which it corrected but this, as mentioned, did not resolve the Silverlight 64C error.
    Friday, March 15, 2013 12:53 AM
  • Hi. I got the same problem today with an update to silverlight. Unnable to update it. I tried several times even in safe mode. No result. And the problem is that every day you have the same update ready to install and every day it fails.

First I tried to uninstall and the program asked for silverlight.msi and not found

So unable to uninstall.

Then I used the safe mode. Unable to uninstall.

Finally I used Iobit Uninstaller. With this you have to do the following:

Click on Uninstall. It fails so you click on cancel and then go to Powerful Scan. When you see all the data, click on' select all' and then uninstall all. After that reboot and install again Silverlight and then apply the update and it worked for me on windows 7 64 bits

Regards

• Edited by emaso Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:30 AM
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

I keep having the error code -- probably 20 times now. And when I try to uninstall Silverlight, the system won't even let me do it. (Same thing when I try to just update Silverlight to the newest edition.) It says the file isn't available -- so I went to the Properties window and clicked "unblock" since it said the file was on a "different device", which could only be my other hard drive. But still no luck. Any insights?

Thanks.

Thursday, June 06, 2013 1:07 AM
  • delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\D8CF03302BDEE5543ACD5BD61D704ECB and reinstall !

As previously mentionned

proweb.ca

Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:58 AM