none
DropShadowEffect issue in Version 3

Question

• If I add a DropShadowEffect to a border.  The contant which is a grid and all its children cast shadow and there's no option to avoid that ?
    Plus I have strange States effect on my object and I don't have a clue why.

This is the same code as version 2 that was working correctly and nothing changed.

Here's a screenshot and the explaination that goes with it : http://pages.videotron.com/gear/weird.jpg

Ok each text you see is a distinct object which have a state called Over and another called Out.  The Over is the little blue rectangle you see
    when I hover over it which start from right to left to fill the text.  Now you see a little bubble on the third text.  This is what I call weird because I was going OVER and OUT rapidely on the first text and when I do this, other objects in the stack panel seems to go in OVER state but I'm just going on the first text

Sometimes I even see the entire OVER state over 2 text at once.  But just hover over the first one...

Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:42 PM

All replies

• Can you post some code to reproduce this behavior?

Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:50 AM
  • Hi,

Well, its a region of my page where there's a lot of things.  Giving code would be hard but here's what I did.  I just deleted the DropShadowEffect and everything worked fine.  I undeleted the shadow and the problem came back so there's something wrong with the DropShadowEffect when it comes to use STATES

I'll try to replicate in a simple control and if I isolate it with the problem I'll publish the code.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:38 PM
  • Hello GearWorld,

If i understand correct then your problem is with visibility of hover state rectangles, in between 2 menu items while going from 1st menu item to last menu item. Those are remaining visible even though curor has just passed over them. When you do this randomly this kind of behavior happens which i think is because lot of events getting called within very small time.

I would suggest to keep the shadow effect & try to add some delay in hover state, this delay will make sure that even if you pass over your cursor rapidly on menu items the hover animation won't play & it will avoid that experience.

Monday, July 13, 2009 12:44 AM
  • Thanx for your trick.

You know, it's not normal to have events triggered for another object while triggering the event of another.
    Having the event triggered for many other object at once would be catastrophic specially when you're not interacting with these objects but just one.

Also as I mentionned removing the DropShadowEffect solves the problem that means there's in fact no problem.  There's something I don't understand of
    the DropShadowEffect to cause an effect like this.  I definitely suspect a glitch in the implementation of the DropShadowEffect.

Monday, July 13, 2009 5:32 AM