none
Send a Reminder mail 5 days before and 1 day before the 'Due Date'

問題

• Hi All,

I have a Custom List having Columns 'Assigned To', 'Due Date' and many other columns.

1. My Requirement is that when an item added the List it should Send a mail to  the 'Assigned To' person.

2. After that it again send a reminder mail 5 days before the 'Due Date'.

3. At last it should send a mail 1 day before the 'Due Date'.

There are number of Items in the Custom List, each item having different person(mailid) under 'Assigned To' Column.

I am new to the SharePoint, Anyone suggest me how do i achieve this requirement. 

~ Maddi

2012年4月20日 上午 05:20

解答

• Hello,

Below are few approaches you can follow for achieving the requirements

1. My Requirement is that when an item added the List it should Send a mail to  the 'Assigned To' person.

For this, you can create an event receiver on this list and use the ItemAdded event. This gets fired when a new item is added to the list. In this method you can have you OM code to send mail to the person (AsignedTo). Check the below link for more information about event receivers

Brian Wilson's Blog

For these two requirements, you can create a custom Timer Job. In this you can use CAML to fetch all those items whose Due Date is 5days/1day from now. And for these items you can get the AssignedTo person and send mails for them. Check the below link for information about Timer Jobs

http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog/articles/CreatingCustomSharePointTimerJobs.aspx

Ram Prasad Meenavalli | MCTS SharePoint 2010 | MCPD SharePoint 2010

• 已標示為解答 Syam Maddi 2012年5月3日 上午 12:20
    2012年4月20日 上午 06:04

所有回覆

• Hello,

Below are few approaches you can follow for achieving the requirements

For this, you can create an event receiver on this list and use the ItemAdded event. This gets fired when a new item is added to the list. In this method you can have you OM code to send mail to the person (AsignedTo). Check the below link for more information about event receivers

Brian Wilson's Blog

For these two requirements, you can create a custom Timer Job. In this you can use CAML to fetch all those items whose Due Date is 5days/1day from now. And for these items you can get the AssignedTo person and send mails for them. Check the below link for information about Timer Jobs

http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog/articles/CreatingCustomSharePointTimerJobs.aspx

Ram Prasad Meenavalli | MCTS SharePoint 2010 | MCPD SharePoint 2010

• 已標示為解答 Syam Maddi 2012年5月3日 上午 12:20
    2012年4月20日 上午 06:04
  • Hi Ram, 

Thank you for your suggestion.

How can i make this customization process to be reusable for other application wherever having the similar requirements.

~ Maddi

2012年4月20日 下午 05:27