none
Rollup Calendar

Question

•  

I'm looking for instructions on how to create a roll up calendar. Currently we have 6 calendars (one for each project) but wish to roll up all the events in these 6 to one master calendar in MOSS 2007 for the boss's to see. Can someone point me in the right direction. If there is a web part that already exists for this, I'd be interested in looking at that as well.

TIA

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 1:30 AM

Answers

• I believe you can supply an XSL transform file to modify the output of the content query web part.

I haven't really used it that much myself.

If you want to properly customise the look'n'feel then maybe go with a custom web part?

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 10:23 AM

All replies

• You can use the Content Query Web Part which allows you to summarise information from sites and sub-sites.

You can filter the result set to only show items from a specific site, list or even filter by columns or content type.

The Content Type would be most appropriate in this case, as each of your Calendars will be using the same content type.

Alternatively, if you want to "roll your own" I suggest looking into the SPSiteDataQuery class in the Microsoft.SharePoint object model. This allows you to do pretty much the same thing but from code.

regards

MKeeper

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 8:23 AM
  • Content query works but doesn't display in calendar format, just a list with no details other then it displays the title. I have to click on each event to get the information.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 10:02 AM
  • I believe you can supply an XSL transform file to modify the output of the content query web part.

I haven't really used it that much myself.

If you want to properly customise the look'n'feel then maybe go with a custom web part?

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 10:23 AM