none
Convert Tiff to Jpeg and display in web page

Question

• Hello all,

I am working on a document viewer to display company documents scanned in as Tiffs and the meta data associated with each document and need assistance with how to display the image correctly in the viewer. I created an application page in SharePoint with a table and I added a menu into the ECB in the document library so when the ImageViewer is selected it opens the page and passes the list and item IDs on the query string to the page. I can display the index data but I can't find anything that I can easly plug into the page to display the Tiff. I am currently using the ASP Image object from the Visual Studio 2008 toolbox and have found some suggestions that I can convert the Tiff to Jpeg using "Image myImage = Image.FromFile(fileName), myImage.save(outFileName, ImageFormat.Jpeg) from the System.Drawing namespace and then display the Jpeg, but I haven't been able to get the syntax correct to convert it and then wire it up to the asp:image object's ImageURL so it will display when the page renders. I would appreciate any assistance with this and I am open to other methods to do it but I don't have a budget to purchase any addins and I don't have a lot of time to practive so any explicit examples would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance.

jcfrasco
    Jeffrey Frasco
    Wednesday, March 03, 2010 2:23 PM

Answers