none
Create new Group for Custom List Definitions

Question

• Hi Everybody,

I am creating a list definition with the foloowing code.

<ListTemplate Name="MyListType" DisplayName="My List Type" Type="100" BaseType="0" OnQuickLaunch="TRUE" Image="/_layouts/images/itgen.gif" SecurityBits="11" Category="Custom Lists" />

I want my custom list definition to appear in a new group called My List Types along with the existing Libraries,Communications,Tracking and Custom Lists groups.

I tried to modify the Category attribute of ListTemplate tag. But it didn't work. It seems Sharepoint accepts only Libraries,Communications,Tracking or Custom Lists values for that attribute

Is there any way to create a new group for the custom list definitions that I create?

thank you,

Arun

Sunday, December 16, 2007 7:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Simi,

Thank you for the reply.

But unfortunately there is no Group attribute for the ListTemplate element and instead I have to use the Category attribute which takes only four values that I mentioned. If I try to specify a new value, it is not working.

Is there any way to do the same using the CustomAction Feature?

Arun

Monday, December 17, 2007 7:10 AM

All replies

•  

I think u need to put Group="MyListType" inside the list template tag..For content Types this will work perfect.But I am

not 100% sure for list templates.Any way try to add this.

Monday, December 17, 2007 6:31 AM
  • Hi Simi,

Thank you for the reply.

But unfortunately there is no Group attribute for the ListTemplate element and instead I have to use the Category attribute which takes only four values that I mentioned. If I try to specify a new value, it is not working.

Is there any way to do the same using the CustomAction Feature?

Arun

Monday, December 17, 2007 7:10 AM