none
How do I increase the width of the Quicklaunch menu in SPD 2010

Question

• Hi

Can anyone tell me how to increase the width of the quicklaunch container in Sharepoint Designer 2010, the default is set at 155px  but I want to increase the width of this to something like 250px

How is this achieved? Is this an edit to the master page or is it a width change in a custom CSS file?

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:07 PM

Answers

•  

body #s4-leftpanel{

width:200px;

float:left;

}

.s4-ca{
    /* [ReplaceColor(themeColor:"Light1")] */ background:#fff;
    margin-left:200px;
    margin-right:0px;
    min-height:324px;
    }

thanks

• Marked as answer by Consecca Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:00 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

In the master page look for this part

<Sharepoint:SPNavigationManager

id="QuickLaunchNavigationManager"

runat="server"

QuickLaunchControlId="QuickLaunchMenu"

ContainedControl="QuickLaunch"

EnableViewState="false"

CssClass="ms-quicklaunch-navmgr">

then in the CoreV4.css  check ms-quicklaunch-navmgr

Regards,

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:44 AM
  • Hi

You have to set the width for s4-leftpanel in your CSS file.

Search for body #s4-leftpanel in your CSS file and change the 155px to 250px

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:38 PM
  • @Naveed I have tried out your suggestion but it only increases the width on the bottom half of the menu, the top half is still set at 155px
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:31 PM
  •  

body #s4-leftpanel{

width:200px;

float:left;

}

.s4-ca{
    /* [ReplaceColor(themeColor:"Light1")] */ background:#fff;
    margin-left:200px;
    margin-right:0px;
    min-height:324px;
    }

thanks

• Marked as answer by Consecca Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:00 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:57 PM
  • @tHANKS wss_coolio!! You are the man!!!!

I have no idea why this works though?!? I mean why is the quicklaunch container broken up into 2 pieces anyway??

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Tnx!

This worked like a charm. Just one more thing, though: When I use the Tree view, it still cuts off the names of the folders that I want to show in the document library, e.g. as if the width is still 155px... Any Idea wich CSS class to customize in order to fix this?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:53 AM
  • Thanks for this great info!

But like G SlickDawg I have hunted through Sharepoint Designer 2010 and Google to allow the Shared Documents sub folder names to be displayed in full, not chopped off, so requiring its scrollbar to see the titles in full. I have an image if it will help. Thanks in advance for any help. DNR

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:59 PM
  • Just to complete my own question, I eventually found the answer with the help of

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneralprevious/thread/21772dfc-3cdb-4901-9046-69c8e5b1c48e

In Sharepoint designer open up the v4.master file for the page, and search for TreeViewRememberScrollV4.
    <SharePoint:SPRememberScroll runat="server" id="TreeViewRememberScrollV4" onscroll="javascript:_spRecordScrollPositions(this);" style="overflow: auto;height: 400px;width: 155px; ">
    Change the width = 155px to what you used in the Corev4.css file.
    On viewing the page, the Shared Documents Folders should display the full width of the Quicklaunch Box.Thanks

Monday, April 08, 2013 6:46 PM