none
sharepoint Search deadlock error -Application 'Search index file on the search server'

Question

• hi,

In my server i am getting the follwoing error.

Can anyone tell the reason ?

A database error occurred.

Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Code: 1205 occurred 1 time(s)

Description: Transaction (Process ID 70) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Context: Application 'Search index file on the search server'

haritha

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:27 AM

Answers

• Make sure your content crawl account and service account having farm access are same.

Ashish Ranjan (Please click "Marked As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you)

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:54 AM

All replies

• Make sure your content crawl account and service account having farm access are same.

Ashish Ranjan (Please click "Marked As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you)

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:54 AM
  • Sorry Ashish, you're recomending that the content access and the search service account are the same? or are you recomending that the content access account and the farm account are the same?
    Monday, September 17, 2012 11:09 PM
  • Hi,

I've nearly the same error message with SharePoint Foundation 2010 and need a hint how to solve that:

A database error occurred. Source: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 Code: 1205 occurred 1 time(s) Description: Transaction (Process ID 159) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Context: Application 'Search_index_file_on_the_search_server'

Not sure whether that causes any trouble, but it seems that the the search is set up correctly (Content Access Account is meanwhile the Farm account - I know about the security risks) and also seems to work so far.

Thanks a lot,

Marty

Saturday, December 01, 2012 9:40 AM