none
Event id 6398 – The timer job ‘Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Usage Data Import’ failed in SharePoint 2010

    Question

  • What is RC (Root Cause) of this issue..kindly provide your suggestions


    Thanks Mohan Periyasamy
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:22 PM

Answers

  • The Event 6398 that i was getting got fixed after I cleared the Cache files under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config(ProgramData is a hidden file normally) and then find the Cache.ini file and take a backup. Now, delete all the other files in that GUID folder and put the Cache.ini file back. Edit the Ini file to delete everything and then just type the number 1 in it and save.

    Now start the Timer Service back(that i stopped before doing the cache cleanup) and the issue got fixed.

    If someone find this answer useful, plz propose this as answer.

    Cheers

    KBalas

    Monday, September 05, 2011 7:44 AM
  • If you want to find out the RC of the problem you have to search the SharePoint ULS logs. Look at the Details > XML view of the Event Log Message. You will find a node called Correlation ActivityID (see picture below) and search for this GUID the ULS logs. I suggest using Powershell. I also find this article that seems to refers to the same error. http://www.sharepointgeoff.com/usage-data-import-job-fail-8075-and-execute-method-spusageimportjobdefinition-fail-6398-%e2%80%93-how-to-fix/.

    I suggest to test this solution before to apply in the production farm.

    Cheers
    Riccardo


    fino a quì tutto bene
    Friday, September 02, 2011 8:29 AM

All replies

  • I think you should provide some more detail. Have you tried to search SharePoint ULS Logs for the "Activity Correlation Id"  that you find in the xml view of your event log?

    Cheers
    Riccardo


    fino a quì tutto bene
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:46 PM
  • Hi Riccardo

    will send shortly


    Thanks Mohan Periyasamy

    The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUsageImportJobDefinition (ID 18200e75-a80e-48ea-8295-7a025a01a470) threw an exception. More information is included below.

    An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object SPUsageServiceInstance was updated by domain\farmaccount, in the OWSTIMER (5160) process, on machine xxxxxxWFE. View the tracing log for more information about the conflict

    • Edited by David Kenneth Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:07 PM update
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:04 PM
  • RC (Root Cause) of this issues
    Thanks Mohan Periyasamy
    Friday, September 02, 2011 4:28 AM
  • If you want to find out the RC of the problem you have to search the SharePoint ULS logs. Look at the Details > XML view of the Event Log Message. You will find a node called Correlation ActivityID (see picture below) and search for this GUID the ULS logs. I suggest using Powershell. I also find this article that seems to refers to the same error. http://www.sharepointgeoff.com/usage-data-import-job-fail-8075-and-execute-method-spusageimportjobdefinition-fail-6398-%e2%80%93-how-to-fix/.

    I suggest to test this solution before to apply in the production farm.

    Cheers
    Riccardo


    fino a quì tutto bene
    Friday, September 02, 2011 8:29 AM
  • The Event 6398 that i was getting got fixed after I cleared the Cache files under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config(ProgramData is a hidden file normally) and then find the Cache.ini file and take a backup. Now, delete all the other files in that GUID folder and put the Cache.ini file back. Edit the Ini file to delete everything and then just type the number 1 in it and save.

    Now start the Timer Service back(that i stopped before doing the cache cleanup) and the issue got fixed.

    If someone find this answer useful, plz propose this as answer.

    Cheers

    KBalas

    Monday, September 05, 2011 7:44 AM
  • same issue i faced and resolved by cache clear 2010. but again faced same issue (after changed SQL Server)

    Cache Clear is working for me but again same error occured  and so can i know Root Cause

     

     


    Thanks Mohan Periyasamy
    Tuesday, September 06, 2011 11:50 AM
  • Dear Mohan,

    Root cause for this issue :

    This issue occurs if the contents of the file system cache on the front-end servers are newer than the contents of the configuration database

    Thanks

    Ganesh

    Friday, February 14, 2014 3:21 AM