none
Export to Excel Feature does not work from Vista OS from Sharepoint 2010 List Library

Question

• Hi,

System: Windows Vista + Office 2007 + IE 8.0.

Scenario:

1. User accesses Sharepoint 2010 list library and try to export the list data to excel sheet with the help of export to excel feature in Sharepoint 2010. User has contribute permissions to the parent site and List Library inherits permission from parent site.

2. He gets message as "You do not have adequate permission to modify this list. Changes to your data cannot be saved”.

3. Installs an update http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=C06B8369-60DD-4B64-A44B-84B371EDE16D

4. Restart the sytem. Then tries to export the list data to excel sheet. This time the message receives as “Cannot connect to the server at this time. Changes to your data cannot be saved” .

5. Repair office 2007. Still no success to export the list to excel.

6. Upgrade office 2007 to office 2010. Still recieves message as “Cannot connect to the server at this time. Changes to your data cannot be saved” .

7. Windows vista is updated properly.

The same feature does not work with windows 7 , IE 8 and Office 2007.

Can anyone please tell me if i have to use excel to export feature of sharepoint 2010 then what minimum configuration should i have?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:13 AM

Answers

All replies