none
interop.ADOX and interop.ADODB assemblies

Question

• when creating a strongly named library assembly that contains references to interop.ADOX and interop.ADODB name spaces and this library assembly is being referenced or accessed by an .APSX page via the @ASSEMBLY/@IMPORT page keywords, the library assembly fails with a file not found exception.Here's the message text:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled by user code
      Message="Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.ADOX, Version=2.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0e98756fa7be071a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
      Source="SurveyToAccessExportLIB"
      FileName="Interop.ADOX, Version=2.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0e98756fa7be071a"
      FusionLog=""
      StackTrace:
           at SurveyToAccessExporterLIB.AccessDBhandlerNS.AccessDBhandlerCLS.createAccessDatabase(String DBname)
           at SurveyToAccessExporterLIB.SurveyActionMenuNS.SurveyActionMenuCLS.SurveyActionMenu(Guid guid)
           at ASP.surveytoaccessexportfeature_aspx_aspx.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in d:\!WA!\090903!2!TE!\SurveyToAccessExportFeature\SurveyToAccessExportFeature\SurveyToAccessExportFeature.aspx.aspx:line 32
           at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
           at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
      InnerException:

?Question: how are these assemblies put in the GAC. I tried the GACUTIL with no errors and the /lr reports the assembly as being in the GAC and yet I keep getting the error, then I reset iis, nothing, then I re-booted and nothing.

the library assembly is a SharePoint library trying to get the contents of a survey into an access database...

Thanks for any and all Help

carlos
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 2:56 PM