none
<nativehr>0x80070057</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>

Question

• when ever I access the page I get this strange error, but when I force refresh the page CTRL + F5 the page load succesfully

<nativehr>0x80070057</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: <nativehr>0x80070057</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: <nativehr>0x80070057</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>]
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetMetadataForUrl(String bstrUrl, Int32 METADATAFLAGS, Guid& pgListId, Int32& plItemId, Int32& plType, Object& pvarFileOrFolder) +0
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetMetadataForUrl(String bstrUrl, Int32 METADATAFLAGS, Guid& pgListId, Int32& plItemId, Int32& plType, Object& pvarFileOrFolder) +174
    Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetFileOrFolderObject(String strUrl) +265
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CommonUtilities.GetFileFromUrl(String url, SPWeb web) +854
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingPage.get_Layout() +157
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingPage.GetEffectivePageCacheProfileId(Boolean anonUserProfile) +254
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedPage..ctor(PublishingPage page, SPListItem altItem, String id, String parentId, CachedUserResource title, String url, CachedUserResource description, CachedObjectFactory factory, List`1& fieldInfo) +674
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedPage.CreateCachedPage(PublishingPage page, SPListItem altItem, CachedObjectFactory factory, List`1& fieldInfo) +440
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedListItem.CreateCachedListItem(SPListItem item, SPListItem alternateItem, Boolean parentIsWeb, CachedObjectFactory factory, List`1& fieldInfo) +133
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedObjectFactory.CreateObject(SPListItem listItem, List`1& fieldInfo) +978
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedObjectFactory.CreateObject(PublishingPage page) +48
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedObjectFactory.GetPageForCurrentItem() +100
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ConsoleDataSource.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +160
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

It's never too late in life ... to start living
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 7:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Amer,

• Copy your error code "0x80070057"
    • Paste the error code in the "Search" window at the top of the page
    • click on the Search button

You will get some like this Search Results

This will search all of the site for previous discussions with the error code in it. Look through the ones marked Answered to find ones that appear to match your situation.

Look at the first post marked Answered Lookup Field in list definition 0x80070057

I hope it helpful to you.

Click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you.

Click "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.

Tanya Melnichenko | Blog | Save as much as 60% in capital costs with PlexHosted!

Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:47 AM
  • It looks like you are using the Publishing cache and you are trying to access that cached resource. Flush the cache in all web front end servers and try. Check you've configured the cache properly and you got enough disk space the store these cache resources in WFE servers.

Switch off the Cache and try to reproduce the issue. I believe if you switch off caching it wont happen

Aravind http://aravindrises.blogspot.com
    Monday, November 28, 2011 3:48 AM
  • It looks like you are using the Publishing cache and you are trying to access that cached resource. Flush the cache in all web front end servers and try. Check you've configured the cache properly and you got enough disk space the store these cache resources in WFE servers.

Switch off the Cache and try to reproduce the issue. I believe if you switch off caching it wont happen

Aravind http://aravindrises.blogspot.com

Great answer!! 
    It works for me!

Thanks!

Lobex

Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:33 PM
  • Hi

I am facing the same issue. Could you please tell me where I need to Switch off the Cache?

With Regards

Suresh

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:41 AM