none
User Information List not getting sync with User Profile

Question

• Some of the users facing profile sync issue, so I went to the MysiteDB and found that "flags" field in webs table is filled with the below values

Value occured most of the time:
     1059 & 35
    Value occured few times:

so I refered the blog http://www.mail-archive.com/ozmoss@ozmoss.com/msg02679.html and found that 1059 & 35 are fine however couldnot understand the mean for rest of the values.

Any help?

Karthikeyan | MCTS | India
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 4:01 AM

Answers

• Don't poke around in the database to find out whats wrong, you're probably just gonna get lost and break stuff. As Clay said only specific actions lead to a user being added to a user information list. And when they are added not all the properties get added, only those profile properties that are marked as replicatible are actually added from the user profile to the user information list.

Sparkytect
    MCITP SharePoint 2010
    MCPD SharePoint 2010
    MCT SharePoint 2010
    MCC SharePoint 2010

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:03 AM

All replies

• I don't see a relation between your thread title and the body of the thread.  Is there some relation between your users facing profile sync issues and not being in the UIL?

The UIL does not automatically get populated with everyone.  It only gets populated when one of two things happens: a user is added to a site's permissions directly, or a user's name is resolved in a People Picker (i.e. Assigned To field).

What is making you ask about those values deep inside the database?
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Sparkytect Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:01 AM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 4:21 AM
  • We are running with UIL sync issue and below is the issue :

If the user changes/updates his Mysite (let’s say, user adds/changes his picture on Mysite) the changes are not getting updated in other webapplication (still the default image/picture is appearing)

Note : Our Farm is running on build Version 12.0.0.6510.

so we tried with the below steps and still could not fix the issue and which made me to go inside the DB.

1. Stsadm –o sync

2. Stsadm –o sync –ignoreisactive 1

3. Stsadm –o preparetomove –OldContentDB
       Stsadm –o sync –deleteolddatabases 0

4. We re-added (Removed and added) the User from Site-collection and found that it fixes the issue (we used People Picker while re-adding the user) .

5. Stsadm –o sync –synctiming m:15 =>sets full sync timing to 15 minutes
       Stsadm –o sync –sweeptiming m:5 =>sets incremental updates to 5 mins

6. Stsamd -o preparetomove –undo

after seeing your post, thinking of add the user (whoever faces the issue) manually using People Picker and hope it may be fix the issue at least as of now. What do you think?

Monday, January 25, 2010 12:07 PM
  • I'm not aware of a UIL sync.  There is a user profile sync, which syncs profile info from Active Directory (or other user store) to the User Profile Database, but not a sync from the User Profile store to the UIL.

Do you have all of your web applications associated with the User Profile Service Application?
    Monday, January 25, 2010 3:05 PM
  • How to verify that whether web applications are associated with the User Profile Service application?

The timer jobs "Profile sync" and "Quick profile sync" are used to update the UIL, isn't it? also which is the timer job responsible to pull the information from "AD" to "User Profile"?

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:16 AM
  • I though they were for syncing profiles with Active Directory.  It's the User Profile Sync that pulls AD info into the User Profile Database, not necessarily the UIL, which is a specific table that gets populated based on the two scenarios I listed above.

You check service app association by going to "Manage Service Applications."  You need to see which service apps are associated with each web app.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:22 AM
  • Don't poke around in the database to find out whats wrong, you're probably just gonna get lost and break stuff. As Clay said only specific actions lead to a user being added to a user information list. And when they are added not all the properties get added, only those profile properties that are marked as replicatible are actually added from the user profile to the user information list.

Sparkytect
    MCITP SharePoint 2010
    MCPD SharePoint 2010
    MCT SharePoint 2010
    MCC SharePoint 2010

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:03 AM