none
The Operating System is presently not configured to run application : REGFORM.exe

Question

• If we execute/invoke REGFORM.exe then it is throwing a message saying "The Operating System is presently not configured to run the application".  Any idea what may be root cause for this..

We need to run REGFORM.exe to make the some infopath forms/files (.xsn) "Fully Trusted" in order to move it to SharePoint server machine for publishing from client machine. Or any other alternative to do this without using REGFORM.exe.

We are in this environment:  SP 2010, Office 2010 with designer, Win 7 OS, .Net 3.5 SP1.

Thanks in advance.

Dayananda Swamy V.T

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:08 AM

All replies

• Why do you have to use regform?  I've never heard of that.  Are you not able to go to File > Info > Advanced Form Options > Security and set it to Full Trust there?  You also digitally sign it from there.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:12 AM
  • Cobb, I am creating and publishing the infopath form from C# code through Sharepoint API (So all are automated and i dont need any manual operations to be done).

So after creating the file in client machine i want to pass it to SP server machine for that i need to set it Full trusted.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:59 AM
  • We are experiencing this exact same problem we execute the following:

RegForm /U urn:MyForm:MyCompany /T Yes /MSI C:\MyForms\MyTrustedForm.xsn

as defined on MSDN to install the form on laptops because we connect to SQL Server for data. the problem is Office 2010 removed the regform.exe utility that has been included since Office 2003. I assume this was in part due to the lack of support for Visual Studio 2010 as the decision was made to move forward with VSTA, which is just absurd.

Friday, May 13, 2011 7:12 PM