none
Issues when trying to save office documents using Save As from a folder in Document Library

Question

• Hi I am having a strange issue. I have a user in Sp 2010 that has been only granted access to a particular folder in a Document Lib. Now when this users tries to open up a word doc from within his folder he can open just fine, when trying to do a SaveAs,a credential popup appears. Incase he cancels this pop up he is able to save the file into the folder.

Now when this user is given access to the whole document library in which the folder is contained, the pop-up goes away. This is a suprising behaviour to me becuase when the user had only access to the folder, security popup came up but not when he was given permissions at the library level. If I cancel this popup and hit saveas with a different name the document does still gets saved in the location. The status bar of the browser reads something like \\servename \\webDAVwww..\\sitename\doclib\\folder( to which the user has access). Press escape to cancel.

Also another interesting thing is that the ribbon at the top remains disabled when user has access only the folder.

RRS

• Moved by Wayne Fan Monday, March 12, 2012 1:41 AM SharePoint 2010 issue, thanks (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, March 09, 2012 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that some metadata of the document points to some other location of the document library where the user does not have access. When the access is given over the entire library it is working fine

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Sunday, March 11, 2012 11:36 AM
  • What do you mean by metadata? Are you talking about links/doc properties within the document?

RRS

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 8:04 PM