none
"Safety settings on this machine prohibit accessing a data source ... "

Question

• I may be venturing into the land of obscurity, but hopefully someone around here has run into the same issue...

I am creating an InfoPath form that has a Office Spreadsheet 11.0 ActiveX control on it, and when I set the property of the control, specifically the Import tab to the URL of a .xlsx in a SharePoint document library on this same server, I get the error:  Safety settings on this machine prohibit accessing a data source on another domain.

I am developing this InfoPath on the server (no cross domain traversing) of the SharePoint instance which hosts the document library containing the .xlsx file I'm wishing to import.  I've tried switching the form to Full Trust with no positive success.

I very much appreciate any help in advance.

Sorry, forgot to add the environment:

Infopath 2007

SharePoint 2007

Office 2007

• Edited by Patrick_Finnicum Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:48 PM neglected to add the environment
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:55 PM Quotes put around most (more) of message text. ... is only acceptable within quotes as only then does it indicate more text. This is the InfoPath forum so InfoPath in the title is not necessary thus giving space for a longer error message quote
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:30 PM

Answers

• First off here's a definition of the error:

""Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain" Error

This error is caused by cross-domain settings on the local computer and occurs when accessing data across domains is not allowed. Note that "domain" refers to Internet/Intranet domain, and not to network domain.   "

In a nutshell, you do need to allow cross domain

• Marked as answer by David HM Monday, March 14, 2011 12:59 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:51 PM