Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features'

Question

• I just made one sample Form Project and deployed I got this below error. Not sure how to continue

Error 1 Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features': Feature with Id '4413517c-0022-4bf0-88af-5690a35a8e6b' is not installed in this farm, and cannot be added to this scope.
      0 0 FarmProject

Regards Mani
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:51 AM deployment (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 10:05 AM

Answers

• You are not giving enough detail for a person to answer for sure what the problem is.  Sometimes you get the "cannot be added to this scope" if you are trying to deploy something to web vrs site.  There are 4 scopes to deploying features with in a WSP file. The four scopes are Farm, Web Application, Site and Web.  Most of the time its due to being deployed to the web when it should be deployed to the site level.  If you are in Visual Studio 2010 you can open your project and double click the feature and this will open and you can see the scope of your feature.  

Good luck,

Gary

Gary Newman MCSE, MCT, CCNA MCDBA, MCAD, MCSA MCTS SharePoint 2007 Dev & Admin MCPD SharePoint 2010 Development
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:00 PM Link to Video removed. The link was to a *2010* video. This is a pre-2010 forum.
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, April 01, 2011 2:17 AM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 4:51 AM
  • hi

check SCOPE AND ALLOWED FEATURES

http://weblogs.asp.net/soever/archive/2007/05/03/sharepoint-features-elements-scope-and-other-info.aspx

Mai Omar | Senior Solutions Developer | ITEgyptCorp | Email: maio@ITegyptCorp.com | Blog: http://maiomar.itegyptcorp.com

Moderator Note: NEVER propose your own posts as answers. The "Propose as Answer" function is there so that people can propose the good answers of other people. It is not there for self-proposing.

• Proposed as answer by Mai Omar Desouki Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:55 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:57 PM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:59 PM Moderator Note about never proposing own posts as answers added (again)
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:55 AM

All replies

• You are not giving enough detail for a person to answer for sure what the problem is.  Sometimes you get the "cannot be added to this scope" if you are trying to deploy something to web vrs site.  There are 4 scopes to deploying features with in a WSP file. The four scopes are Farm, Web Application, Site and Web.  Most of the time its due to being deployed to the web when it should be deployed to the site level.  If you are in Visual Studio 2010 you can open your project and double click the feature and this will open and you can see the scope of your feature.  

Good luck,

Gary

Gary Newman MCSE, MCT, CCNA MCDBA, MCAD, MCSA MCTS SharePoint 2007 Dev & Admin MCPD SharePoint 2010 Development
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:00 PM Link to Video removed. The link was to a *2010* video. This is a pre-2010 forum.
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 4:51 AM
  • hi

check SCOPE AND ALLOWED FEATURES

http://weblogs.asp.net/soever/archive/2007/05/03/sharepoint-features-elements-scope-and-other-info.aspx

Mai Omar | Senior Solutions Developer | ITEgyptCorp | Email: maio@ITegyptCorp.com | Blog: http://maiomar.itegyptcorp.com

Moderator Note: NEVER propose your own posts as answers. The "Propose as Answer" function is there so that people can propose the good answers of other people. It is not there for self-proposing.

• Proposed as answer by Mai Omar Desouki Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:55 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:57 PM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:59 PM Moderator Note about never proposing own posts as answers added (again)
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:55 AM
  • Hi, Could be that the web.config file is either corrupted or just not there anymore...I was doing some clean up on the IIS sites on the server and I took away by mistake the folder in the "virtual directories" corresponding to the web application I was trying to deploy to.
    Of course I didnt realized that while I was trying to deploy the solution, I was just getting your error even though when I was able to go to the site itself and execute the actual custom code anyway...I end up going to "manage farm solutions" a saw an error on the particular solution that I was trying to deploy from VS and it was very clear
    Hopes this helps

Monday, May 02, 2011 9:03 PM