none
how to download folder (with all documents) from Document library?

Question

• Hi All,

From document library usually we will download files or documents. But I have a requirement to download folder from document library. It's very difficult to download each and every document from folder.

How can I make it Possible?

Thanks & Regards,
    Krishna.
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 9:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Krishna,

I have 1 more option to make read only (i.e, they can view download, but read only, cannot update or delete)
    Ask the client users to use "connect to outlook" option
    this allows users to view/download or save as documents to their local system, but not allow to delete or update.

if this wont suites to your situtation.
    You can implement Custom Event Handlers (using WSS Object Model) on your custom list / Share Document Library.

Regards,
    USK.
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Kirshna,

Please see the steps,
    Open the list, which has folder or folders.
    From Actions Menu -> select "Open with Windows Explorer" option.
    List will be opened in an "windows explorer" window
    Now you can drag drop files/folder from/to list. 

Regards,
    USK.
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 10:13 AM
  • Hi Kumar,

Thank you very much for your reply. if we give this option, they can delete forms or unauthorised access folders also. according to my openion, this is not suggestable. Is it secured?, when we are suggesting this to Client? any other solution?

Thanks & Regards,
    Krishna.
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 11:50 AM
  • Krishna,
    Where do you want the documents to download? You can create a custom page or user control by using the sharepoint object model and get the documents/folders. Then you can put those documents/folders in a network share for access.
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 12:35 PM
  • Hi Farhan,

we are trying to give the sharepoint site access to Clients, by making this site as an Extranet site. I want to give permission to client on Document library. They should have permission to Read and Dowload only.
    How can we create a custom page to download documents?

As of now we are giving FTP access to Clients. To reduce this, we are implimenting MOSS.

Thanks & Regards,
    Krishna.
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 1:01 PM
  • Hi Krishna,

I have 1 more option to make read only (i.e, they can view download, but read only, cannot update or delete)
    Ask the client users to use "connect to outlook" option
    this allows users to view/download or save as documents to their local system, but not allow to delete or update.

if this wont suites to your situtation.
    You can implement Custom Event Handlers (using WSS Object Model) on your custom list / Share Document Library.

Regards,
    USK.
    Thursday, February 04, 2010 1:19 PM