none
Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED)) at stsadm import at sharepoint 2010

Question

• Hi,

anyone, please give me suggestion.
    I am doing importing from one site collection(hotel1) to another site collection(hotel3).
    First time, when I imported to site collection(hotel2), " Import completed" and I got all subsites as site collection(hotel1)
    Now, I import to site collection(hotel3) using the same "Exported file" that I used at site collection(hotel2)
    but now I get the error "Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED))" and "Import did not complete"
    and get only 4 subsites... I did not get all subsites as site collection(hotel1).
    Pls give me any suggestion and any best practice??
    Thank a lot.

[11/29/2011 12:14:16 PM] [ListItem] [Document-Library.aspx]   Verbose: List URL: /sites/hotel3/housekeeping/Pages
    [11/29/2011 12:14:16 PM] [ListItem] [Document-Library.aspx]   Progress: Importing web parts
    [11/29/2011 12:14:16 PM] [ListItem] [Event-Calendar.aspx] Progress: Importing
    [11/29/2011 12:14:16 PM] [ListItem] [Event-Calendar.aspx]   Error: Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED))
    [11/29/2011 12:14:16 PM] [ListItem] [Hotel-Policies.aspx]   Error: Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED))
    [11/29/2011 12:14:16 PM] [ListItem] [Hotel-Standards.aspx]   Error: Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED))
    [11/29/2011 12:14:16 PM] [ListItem] [minimal.master]   Error: Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED))
    [11/29/2011 12:14:16 PM] [ListItem] [v4.master]   Error: Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED))
    [11/29/2011 12:14:16 PM] FatalError: Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED))
    [11/29/2011 12:14:16 PM] Debug:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetRoleDefsDataAsSafeArray(String bstrUrl, UInt32 dwRolesScope, Guid& pguidScopeId, UInt32& pdwRowCount, Object& pvarDataSet)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleDefinitionCollection.Init()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleDefinitionCollection.get_WebId()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.RolesImport..ctor(ImportStreamingContext context, SPSite site, SPWeb web, XmlReader xr, Int32 iBatchSize)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SecurityObjectSerializer.SetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.CallSetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo objectData, ISerializationSurrogate surrogate, ISurrogateSelector selector)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.ParseObjectDirect(Object objParent, Type objectType)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.DeserializeObject(Type objectType, Boolean isChildObject, DeploymentObject envelope)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ObjectSerializer.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPImport.DeserializeObjects()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPImport.Run()
    [11/29/2011 12:14:18 PM] Progress: Import did not complete.

Thursday, December 01, 2011 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The problem seems to be around the default.master, minimal.master and V4.master. It seems like there is an associated list that has been deleted and that causes the import to fail.

Could you please check the throttling setting of the destination web application and provide the details of it (Central Admin -> Manage Web Applications -> SharePoint Site -> General Settings -> Resource Throttling)? Do we have any throttling setting specific to pages library?

If so, please disable them, then import again, see the result.

For Resource throttling, see

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262107.aspx

For throttling setting specific to pages library, see

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-foundation-help/manage-lists-and-libraries-with-many-items-HA010377496.aspx

Finally, I suggest that you use backup-spsite and restore-spsite to import the site collection, then see what’s going on.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Friday, December 02, 2011 3:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The problem seems to be around the default.master, minimal.master and V4.master. It seems like there is an associated list that has been deleted and that causes the import to fail.

Could you please check the throttling setting of the destination web application and provide the details of it (Central Admin -> Manage Web Applications -> SharePoint Site -> General Settings -> Resource Throttling)? Do we have any throttling setting specific to pages library?

If so, please disable them, then import again, see the result.

For Resource throttling, see

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262107.aspx

For throttling setting specific to pages library, see

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-foundation-help/manage-lists-and-libraries-with-many-items-HA010377496.aspx

Finally, I suggest that you use backup-spsite and restore-spsite to import the site collection, then see what’s going on.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Friday, December 02, 2011 3:44 AM
  • Hi Wang,

Could you please explain how resource throttling settings are related with Import failure. Are you suggesting that HTTP Request Monitoring and Throttling be turned off?

The reason for asking this is that I get the same error while carrying out content deployment, but the number of list items in the site are well withing the throttling limits. On randomly increasing these settings the content deployment seems to go through smoothly!

Thanks,

Vijay

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

I am facing similar issue "Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist" on default.master, minimal.master and V4.master while importing. Sometimes import is successful and most of the time import fails. This is happening only on staging server(2WFEs,1App) and we are not able to replicate the same issue on our stand alone development environment. 

Can anyone please help me understand how this issue is related to Resource(pages library) Throttling when import is running?

Thanks

Rahul

(prabhune_rahul@yahoo.com)

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:43 AM
  • I am having this problem as well.  I created a brand new SharePoint project, added a Web Part and pressed Deploy.  Upon adding the Web Part to a page, it gives me an error that seems to come from the Ribbon, therefore the Master files.  What to do?

[COMException (0x80030102): Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED))]
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetWebListPermMask(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName) +0
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetWebListPermMask(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName) +134
    [SPException: Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED))]
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx) +27609810
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetWebListPermMask(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName) +225
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.get_EffectiveBasePermissions() +102
       Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPRibbon.RegisterDocLibAspxPageComponentIfNecessary() +424
       Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPRibbon.HandleInitialTab() +530
       Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPRibbon.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +311
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

Jonathan M Beck

• Edited by Beta Star Monday, August 13, 2012 7:15 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 7:02 PM
  • This seems to be related to having more than one Web Part on a page.  I retracted all Web Parts and put them back and they seem to be happier now.

Jonathan M Beck

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:53 PM