none
Edit option on site action menu not working - sharepoint 2010.

Question

•  hi all,

when i try to edit the home page of the site, nothing happens. it is not giving any error.it simply does not work. i am able to edit other pages but not the home page.

the site has been migrated to 2010 from 2007.

Yash Sharma

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:39 AM

Answers

• hi Yash,

this case, you check the page mode ( check out & Check in) and try to publish the page again. and if it is dev server try to make some other page or copy of the current home page ( that currently you editable) as home page and try to edit this page.

may be the above steps do or doesn't solve your issue but is heps you to analyze the problem.

Thanks, Nagendra:) Mark as Answer if it solves your problem. Vote As Helpful if the post is helpful for you.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:08 AM

All replies

• hi,
       try to look permssions of the page,if not sufficiant permssions to edit,  ask your administrator to grant edit permissions and edit the page.

Thanks, Nagendra:) Mark as Answer if it solves your problem. Vote As Helpful if the post is helpful for you.

• Edited by Nagendra m Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:55 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:54 AM
  • Its not an permission issue as i am able to edit other pages on the same site.... It is the home page which is giving this kind of problem.

Yash Sharma

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:56 AM
  • hi Yash,

this case, you check the page mode ( check out & Check in) and try to publish the page again. and if it is dev server try to make some other page or copy of the current home page ( that currently you editable) as home page and try to edit this page.

may be the above steps do or doesn't solve your issue but is heps you to analyze the problem.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:08 AM