none
The element 'comment' is used but not declared in the DTD/Schema.

Question

• I am confused as to why I receive the error The element 'comment' is used but not declared in the DTD/Schema.

My attempt is to make a very simple form. It retrieves the curent date and time, the author of the form (pc user) and allows the user to enter in three pieces of plain text. The form is complete and saved in a network share called 'Other Infopath Forms'.

I created a Form Library in MOSS 2007 in a Administrative tracking site. The library completed succesfully.

I then published the form following the directions below which were retrieved directly from the MS site (see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath/HP101000931033.aspx):

To publish a form template that requires administrator approval, you must first publish your form template to a shared network folder, where the server administrator can upload the form template to the server running InfoPath Forms Services, and then deploy the form template. Find links to more information about how the server administrator can deploy a form template in the See Also section.

1. On the File menu, click Save.
    2. In the Save As dialog box, browse to the location where you want to save the form template, and then click Save.
    3. To open the Design Checker task pane, click Design Checker on the Tools menu.
    4. If there are errors listed the Design Checker task pane, fix those errors, and then click Refresh to determine whether the errors still exist.
    5. On the File menu, click Publish.
    6. In the Publishing Wizard, click To a SharePoint server with or without InfoPath Forms Services, and then click Next.
    7. On the next page of the wizard, in the Enter the location of your SharePoint or InfoPath Forms Services site box, type the location of the SharePoint site where you want to publish your form template, and then click Next.
    8. On the next page of the wizard, select the Browser-enable this form template check box, click Form Template for Administrator-Approval (Advanced), and then click Next.
    9. On the next page of the wizard, in the Specify a location and file name for the form template box, click Browse.
    10. In the Browse dialog box, browse to the location of the shared network folder, and then in the File name box, type the name of the form template and click Save.
    11. Click Next.
    12. Choose the fields in the form template that you want to appear as columns in the default view of the document library.

How?

1. Click Add.
      2. Select the field that you want to add as a column in the document library, and then do one of the following:
        • Type a name for the column in the Column name box.
        • Select the site column in the Site column group list, select a name in the Column name list, and then click OK.

Note   If you selected a repeating field to display data in the document library, you can define how you want to display the field in the document library by clicking a value in the Function list. You can choose whether to display the first value in the field, the last value in the field, or a count of all of the occurrences of the field, or whether to merge all of the values together.

3. Click OK.

Find links to more information about displaying data in columns in a document library in the See also section.

13. Click Next.
    14. On the next page of the wizard, verify that the information shown is correct, and then click Publish.

After publishing the form template, ask your server administrator to upload the form template to the server, and then activate the form template to a site collection. For more information about uploading and deploying a form template to a server running InfoPath Forms Services, click the link in the See Also section about deploying form templates that contain code.

I have done this three times and I still continue to get this error. the form verifies with no errors. The rason it needs dministrative management is that it does have a submit option which also closes the form. All help would be greatly appreciated as this has been an ongoing struggle for us trying to get other forms to run. This particular form was written in order to test the simplest design possible.

Thanks,

Greg

Monday, July 21, 2008 6:58 PM

All replies

• Dear Greg,
    1.5 years later, I'm having the same issue. Is there a logic explanation for it?

Thank you,
    issam.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:27 PM
  • issam,

The problem was never truly 'resolved'. In October of 2009 we did a major patch and service pack upgrade on our SP server. This included moving the Server from 2008 to 2008 R2 and taking SP up to the latest and greatest as of October. This particular process was a bit painful but we did manage to get up and running in our alloted downtime window fo 6 hours. The results were that many of our nagging issues were resolved. Lesson learned: Keep upgraded and patched.

Greg

Greg McAllister
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:12 PM