none
Referenced Assembly BihConsumerInterop could not be found

Question

• We have a fairly big SharePoint project where we use TFS, kicking of a build runs some tests and everything works as expected, but we get a warning:

CA0060 : The indirectly-referenced assembly 'BihConsumerInterop, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=48e046c834625a88' could not be found. This assembly is not required for analysis, however, analysis results could be incomplete. This assembly was referenced by: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\ISAPI\Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.dll.

Now the solution according to other blogposts is to add the referenced DLL to the project, but it seems i cannot find anything about the assembly BihConsumerInterop, so I was wondering if there was anyone that knows a bit more about this DLL :)

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Appie Schot,

Were you able to find BihConsumerInterop? I'm currently trying to find the same DLL.

Thanks

Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:46 AM
  • No unfortunelatly i never managed to resolve this warning. Did quite some digging in it but didn't manage to find it.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:53 AM
  • For the purposes of what we were doing, putting C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\ISAPI\Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.dll in the GAC got around our problem.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:42 PM
  • We are trying to execute unit tests on our build server and running into the same problem.

It seems that BihConsumerInterop cannot be found anywhere on the server.

We've tried adding Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.dll to the GAC, but this error still persists.

Would love to hear from Microsoft on this before installing SharePoint on our server.

zaanglabs.com | charliedigital.com | linkedin.com/in/charlescchen

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:28 PM