none
There are no SQL Server instances or shared features that can be updated on this computer

Question

• Hello I am New to the SharePoint platform but I  do love the whole thing and that;s why I took on getting to learn about by trying out. I managed to download a guide by  Mr. Saifullah Shafiq on how to innstall and configure SharePoint 2010. The guide has all the prerequisites that got me started.

I installed windows 2008 standard Edition on my VMworkstation 7 and did all the necessary config, I did install SQL server 2008 Enterprise X86 successfully. Now the problem came in when I got to the step of installing sql server 2008 SP1. Just in the installation's primary stages i get to stop due the the error as in subject (There are no SQL Server instances or shared features that can be updated on this computer)

In the description on th right hand of th page was the following message The version of SQL Server instance MSSQLSERVER does not match the version expected by the SQL Server update. The installed SQL Server product version is 10.0.1442.32, and the expected SQL Server version is 10.0.1600.22.

At this stage I cant really continue, Please help

Friday, April 15, 2011 9:27 AM

Answers