none
SiteName Managed Property not showing up in center Admin.

Question

• Hello All,

I am using Sharepoint search. I was looking in central admin for a managed property named "SiteName" But I didn't able to find it. I tried from Object model and Powershell, both places I didn't find it. When I am querying a full text query like

SELECT LastModifiedTime,filename,SiteName,title,Url,hithighlightedsummary,Write,rank,size,author from Scope() WHERE  "scope"='All Sites' And IsDocument=1  ORDER BY rank DESC 

I am getting the following value for sitename "http://SpServer:10000/hr/content". It is not even a sitename. My site name is Hr.

My query is:

1. I am not able to find a managed property called SiteName. Why?
    2. SiteName property value includes webname as well as some other url value also. Why?
    3. How can I find SiteName? Can Managed property be hidden?

Thanks in Advance.

Ajit

ajit

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:31 AM

Answers

• Hello All,

I have done research on this and found one interesting fact here, Although "SiteName" managed property was not present in the managed property list but It is returning data same as managed property called "Site" and when you try to create a managed property "SiteName" It let's you create that.

So the Conclusion here is SiteName Managed property is removed from Managed property list but still returning some value. In SP 2007 It was there and mapped to Basic(4):Text crawled property.

The Solution or workaround here to get the webURL in the Managed property list,

1. Create a managed property named SiteName.
    2. Map it to a crawl property named Basic(4):Text.
    3. Start the full crawl on the content source.

Thanks

Ajit

ajit

• Marked as answer by Ajit.Jha Friday, May 18, 2012 5:33 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hello All,

I have done research on this and found one interesting fact here, Although "SiteName" managed property was not present in the managed property list but It is returning data same as managed property called "Site" and when you try to create a managed property "SiteName" It let's you create that.

So the Conclusion here is SiteName Managed property is removed from Managed property list but still returning some value. In SP 2007 It was there and mapped to Basic(4):Text crawled property.

The Solution or workaround here to get the webURL in the Managed property list,

1. Create a managed property named SiteName.
    2. Map it to a crawl property named Basic(4):Text.
    3. Start the full crawl on the content source.

Thanks

Ajit

ajit

• Marked as answer by Ajit.Jha Friday, May 18, 2012 5:33 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 5:33 AM
  • Did creating a new managed property named 'SiteName' do anything to your search results refinement panel?  There is a 'Site' refiner that is apparently looking at the hidden 'SiteName' managed property.  Doing some research because the Site refiner is not operating as would be expected. 

SharePoint Consultant | SharePoint MVP | My Blog | Minnesota SharePoint User Grop (MNSPUG)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:13 PM