none
Can I send list items to the Records Centre (OOTB)?

Question

• I have created a content type called "Students" and a list called "Student Records" in a School Site. The Student Records list uses the content type "Students". Once the student has left the school I would like to send the list item to the Reocords Centre. Documentation suggests that the Records Centre can handle list items but how do I get them there OOTB?

The content organizer doesn't see my list content type and it is called a Drop-Off library? Can it handle list items?

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Amanda,

Out of the box you cannot route list items with the content organiser. The only way to do this is to create a manual send to location for the list item.

Cheers

• Marked as answer by Stanfford Liu Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:47 AM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 4:04 PM

All replies

• Have you enabled in place records feature? Once you do that, you can go to the list settings and under permissions and management you can enable the record declaration settings [provided you have configured at the site collection level that in place records should not be turned on en-masse]

Then you can go to the list and mark the list items as records.

As for routing, I need to check this, but from memory the site or record center where you want to route based on content type and rules, that site must have that content type - same as 'parent' site. Hope it makes sense

Alpesh Nakar's Blog Alpesh Just SharePoint Just SharePoint Updates

SharePoint Conference Southeast Asia Oct 26-27 2010 Contributing Author SharePoint 2010 Unleashed

MCTS: SharePoint 2010 Configuration MCITP: SharePoint 2010 Administrator

Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:54 AM
  • Yes, in-place records works.

I want to route them to the records center though. There doesn't seem to be a mechanism to do this.

Does the record centre not support list items to be routed to the drop-off library? Or another location?

Thanks,

Amanda

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:59 PM
  • Hi Amanda,

Out of the box you cannot route list items with the content organiser. The only way to do this is to create a manual send to location for the list item.

Cheers

• Marked as answer by Stanfford Liu Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:47 AM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 4:04 PM