none
Unable to open website

Question

• I've started volunteering to help with some website editing for a company half way across the country, but they insist on using SharePoint, which I've never used. They have given me the userid, password, path, and host name, but I cannot figure out how to open the website. They insist they have given me all the information I need, and when I asked them to send me the file they said "We put it under the "software" folder on the server". My questions to you are:

1)How can I open the site for the first time using SharePoint from my computer?

2) How do I get to the "settings" folder on their server? I've asked for the name, but haven't heard back yet.

Friday, November 16, 2012 8:11 PM

All replies

• 1)How can I open the site for the first time using SharePoint from my computer?

-> Not sure what you mean by using "SharePoint from my computer". Typically, you access SharePoint sites just like any other website, via a browser. Are you referring to "SharePoint Designer" program?

2) How do I get to the "settings" folder on their server?

-> This is not something you'd access via your browser. The server administrator will have to give you the appropriate access or arrange it for you. It could be via VPN or RDP access to the server, etc. But, why do you need access to that location?

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:41 AM