none
"Name" column in sharepoint document library 2010 is not appears

Question

• Hi,

I using sharepoint 2010, i created a document library and it works fine. But after i used the sharepoint designer 2010 for to add some scripts for the 'Editform'. Now in the edit form i couldn't found the "Name" field.

My requirement is to change the document name.

But After using sharepoint designer 2010, the "Name" field is not shown.

Can anyone reply me how to get that Name field to appear.

Regards,

Karthick

Friday, March 02, 2012 8:48 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

I understand that after you add some script on the EditForm.aspx page , the Name column disappeared .Do you add a custom list form of the document library on the edit item page and hided the default edit list view ?

If so, the name column will be hidden in the Edit Form .You can add the Name column manually .

1. Insert a  row under the Title column .Type ‘Name ’ in the left cell .
    2. Insert a text box in the right cell .Then find the textbox control in code view .Change the code like this:

<asp:TextBox runat="server" id="ff9{$Pos}" ControlMode="Edit" text="{@FileLeafRef}" __designer:bind="{ddwrt:DataBind('u',concat('ff9',$Pos),'Text','TextChanged','ID',ddwrt:EscapeDelims(string(@ID)),'@FileLeafRef')}"/>

Then this textbox will be binded to the Name field ,changes in  this column will reflect in Name column .

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 05, 2012 8:01 AM

All replies

• In SharePoint Designer, navigate to the site, locate the list and inspect the EditForm.aspx file you previously updated. Try to open it using SPD and check if there are any errors in it. If so, you can always try to create a new edit form and to customize it again.

Good practise is to always create a new form and to edit it; once you think it's finished, mark it as a default one. That way you'll be able to step back to the original form if anything goes wrong. Anyway, you can always recreate the default form and customize it after that.

Sasa Tomicic
    MCPD: Shpt Dev 2010, MCITP: Shpt Admin 2010, MCPD: Win Dev 4
    My blog: Share(d)Point of View

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 02, 2012 1:51 PM
  • Hi ,

I understand that after you add some script on the EditForm.aspx page , the Name column disappeared .Do you add a custom list form of the document library on the edit item page and hided the default edit list view ?

If so, the name column will be hidden in the Edit Form .You can add the Name column manually .

1. Insert a  row under the Title column .Type ‘Name ’ in the left cell .
    2. Insert a text box in the right cell .Then find the textbox control in code view .Change the code like this:

<asp:TextBox runat="server" id="ff9{$Pos}" ControlMode="Edit" text="{@FileLeafRef}" __designer:bind="{ddwrt:DataBind('u',concat('ff9',$Pos),'Text','TextChanged','ID',ddwrt:EscapeDelims(string(@ID)),'@FileLeafRef')}"/>

Then this textbox will be binded to the Name field ,changes in  this column will reflect in Name column .

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 05, 2012 8:01 AM
  • After putting this change, I can see the File Attachment name but actual link is missing? How to show link to a document?

Thanks

Monday, June 04, 2012 8:06 PM