none
Export to Excel error

Question

• Hi

When I try to export the contents of a list from a SP 2010 Internet site to Excel 2010, I am getting an error that states: “Cannot connect to the server at this time. Changes to your data cannot be saved”. I can use Office 2010 with a SP 2007 site and it downloads OK. And there is another individual who has access to the same SP 2010 site with Office 2010 and she can download things OK from it. So it must be a local setting I have that is preventing this.

Has anyone run into this before?

Paul

Monday, November 28, 2011 6:08 PM

All replies

• Is your OS Vista? I'm not sure if the following thread is related: 

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/f2287284-b062-46e3-ae9c-bba1ad1b84d1?persist=True

Please Mark Answered if my reply solves your problem. Thanks!
    Monday, November 28, 2011 6:23 PM
  • Hi Paul,

The issue seems to be a security setting regarding in Internet Explorer(IE). You can follow these steps to change the settings and export the list again:

1. In IE, choose Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab>scroll down to the "Security" section (the last section).
    2. Unchecked these settings:
      a. "check for server certificate revocation"*
      b. "Check for signatures on downloaded programs"

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:59 AM
  • Hi

I unchecked the above settings in IE, closed out the browser and tried it again and the same error occured. My operating system is XP. I don't understand why this function works fine with Sharepoint 2007, but not 2010.

Any other ideas?

Paul

Thursday, December 01, 2011 9:51 PM