none
Changes made in SharePoint designer are not appearing for other users

Question

• Hi,

I have changed the web parts width from 50% to 70% and 30% in sharepoint designer.

<td width="70%" valign="top">
        <WebPartPages:WebPartZone runat="server" AllowPersonalization="true" ID="LeftColumnZone" FrameType="TitleBarOnly"
         Title="<%$Resources:cms,WebPartZoneTitle_LeftColumn%>" Orientation="Vertical"><ZoneTemplate></ZoneTemplate></WebPartPages:WebPartZone>
       </td>
       <td width="30%" valign="top">
        <WebPartPages:WebPartZone runat="server" AllowPersonalization="true" ID="RightColumnZone" FrameType="TitleBarOnly"
         Title="<%$Resources:cms,WebPartZoneTitle_RightColumn%>" Orientation="Vertical"><ZoneTemplate></ZoneTemplate></WebPartPages:WebPartZone>
       </td>

I can see those changes in browser but other users can not see those changes.I did check in the page.Can any one please let me know what is the reason?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

AEDLA.
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:12 AM

Answers

• That only makes sense if the changes are not checked-in or published.  Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense.  You said you've done all that, but I don't see how it's possible for others to not see your changes if they are fully-published, checked-in, and approved.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by AA2013 Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:54 PM
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:33 PM

All replies

• Did you approve/publish the pages after checking them in?
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:43 AM
  • Yes,I did.
    AEDLA.
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 3:17 PM
  • Hi Clayton,

Not only web part zone modifications,what ever changes I did in SharePoint designer are not appearing for other users.

I did changes for v4.master and WelcomeLinks.aspx pages.

Thank you.

AEDLA.
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:26 PM
  • That only makes sense if the changes are not checked-in or published.  Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense.  You said you've done all that, but I don't see how it's possible for others to not see your changes if they are fully-published, checked-in, and approved.
    • Marked as answer by AA2013 Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:54 PM
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:33 PM
  • Have you Checkin and Approved the both master page (v4.master) and WelcomeLinks.aspx page to the higher version. I think you have missed single page from both. Because of that only, you can't able to view the changes. Ensure that once again.
    Regards,
    Shantha Kumar .T | MCPD - SharePoint Developer 2010 | MCITP - SharePoint Administrator 2010 |
    (B) Shantha Kumar's Blog | (T)Follow me | (C) IOTAP
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:53 PM
  • Sorry Clayton...for those two pages content approval was required.I approved those changes,now users can see those changes.

Sorry once again.

AEDLA.
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Hi i am facing same problem can u just expalin the steps done by your self, it will be helpfull for me to complete the task.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:59 PM