none
Changing font size on table of contents webpart

Question

• Does anyone know how to change the font size, style of the Level 1 style. Right now I have that style set to vertical with descriptions and need assistance on how/where to do this.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:31 AM customization q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:13 PM

Answers

• This board is and it's moderator is an absolute joke. I think I have post about 10 times and have NEVER got a resolution to anything .I sure he'll come on here and modified or move this post somewhere but offer no help on the actual REAL problem.

I suspect that I'm going to earn myself a ban for this, but I didn't want to leave this unchallenged.  Take a realisation check of where you are and of your own expectations before villifying those you're appealing too for help.  Posting a request for help in a forum outside of working hours, then ranting about it at the end of the next business day is quite frankly, both poor form and unprofessional.  People here, like me, take and answer questions on thier own violition BUT we do so with no contractual obligation or SLA behind us.

The moderatation here has been consistent for the last few years and the majority of people will have no complaints with it.  Moderaters are asked to moderate and not to answer questions and is more often than not a thankless task.

Lastly, think about offering more than two lines of information when submitting a help request and attaching unrealistic expectations to it, such as what you've tried, what you've searched for and so on.

Just to add to SLF0F's suggestions, getting the developer tool for IE, or the Web Developer Extension for FF will enable you to easily identify which CSS classes you'll need to amend.

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, April 22, 2011 3:02 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi bootzilla,

Table of Contents level styles are defined in LevelStyle.xsl (top site > View All Site Content > Style Library > XSL Style Sheets). You can add custom style in this file (copy a template, give a new template name and modify the style class with your custom style), upload the modified LevelStyle.xsl file back to the Style Library Check In and publish it. Then you can find the custom style in the drop down list of Level 1 Style in Modify Shared Web Part.

Here is a great blog about customize table of contents web part CSS style, please take a look.
    http://blog-sharepoint.blogspot.com/2010/07/customise-table-of-contents-web-part.html

Best regards,
    Emir

Friday, April 15, 2011 12:02 PM

All replies

• Anyone that can help would be appreciated please.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:51 PM
  • This board is and it's moderator is an absolute joke. I think I have post about 10 times and have NEVER got a resolution to anything .I sure he'll come on here and modified or move this post somewhere but offer no help on the actual REAL problem.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:30 PM
  • Since 2010 has come out, a lot of people have moved to that so this board does not get as much traffic from those who answer a lot of questions like it used to.

Hopefully you'll find this helpful:

Using the developer tool, the Level 1 of the TOC web part appears to be this class: headertitle-band -- you can either modify this in the CSS or add a CEWP and add the CSS there so that it only effects that one page and not any others, your call.

Let us know if this works.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Hi bootzilla,

Table of Contents level styles are defined in LevelStyle.xsl (top site > View All Site Content > Style Library > XSL Style Sheets). You can add custom style in this file (copy a template, give a new template name and modify the style class with your custom style), upload the modified LevelStyle.xsl file back to the Style Library Check In and publish it. Then you can find the custom style in the drop down list of Level 1 Style in Modify Shared Web Part.

Here is a great blog about customize table of contents web part CSS style, please take a look.
    http://blog-sharepoint.blogspot.com/2010/07/customise-table-of-contents-web-part.html

Best regards,
    Emir

Friday, April 15, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Thanks Emir Liu. See this is what I am talking about. Finally someone coming through.
    Friday, April 15, 2011 3:35 PM

I suspect that I'm going to earn myself a ban for this, but I didn't want to leave this unchallenged.  Take a realisation check of where you are and of your own expectations before villifying those you're appealing too for help.  Posting a request for help in a forum outside of working hours, then ranting about it at the end of the next business day is quite frankly, both poor form and unprofessional.  People here, like me, take and answer questions on thier own violition BUT we do so with no contractual obligation or SLA behind us.

The moderatation here has been consistent for the last few years and the majority of people will have no complaints with it.  Moderaters are asked to moderate and not to answer questions and is more often than not a thankless task.

Lastly, think about offering more than two lines of information when submitting a help request and attaching unrealistic expectations to it, such as what you've tried, what you've searched for and so on.

Just to add to SLF0F's suggestions, getting the developer tool for IE, or the Web Developer Extension for FF will enable you to easily identify which CSS classes you'll need to amend.

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:00 PM
    Answerer