none
Solution Package status always "Deploying"

    Question

  • I have 2 WFEs and 1 AppServer. I am trying to deploy SolutionPackage on farm. They status always showing "Deploying". I started couple of times times service on 3 servers and I executed "stsadm.exe -o execadmsvcjobs" and also reset IIS. But it is showing Deploying.

    Name: alerts.wsp
    Type: Core Solution
    Contains Web Application Resource: No
    Contains Global Assembly: Yes
    Contains Code Access Security Policy: No
    Deployment Server Type: Front-end Web server
    Deployment Status: Deploying
    Deployed To: Globally deployed.
    Last Operation Result: Some of the files failed to copy during deployment of the solution.
    Last Operation Details: APPQA : The solution was successfully deployed.
    WEBQA1 : The solution was successfully deployed.
    WEBQA2 : The solution was successfully deployed.
    WEBQA2 : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    WEBQA1 : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    APPQA : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    APPQA : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    WEBQA1 : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    APPQA : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    WEBQA1 : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    WEBQA2 : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    APPQA : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    WEBQA1 : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    WEBQA2 : The solution "alerts.wsp" has already been deployed. Use the force parameter to redeploy the solution.
    Last Operation Time: 4/1/2010 9:47 AM

    Jamsbond
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, April 01, 2010 4:06 PM deployment is more often dealt with in the Programming forum (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, April 01, 2010 3:43 PM

All replies

  • Thursday, April 01, 2010 5:38 PM
  • Theres a lot that can go wrong. Make sure all servers are clean from your deployment, full retract and make sure there are no files being left over. Try it again, also that link has a lot of other tricks to try.

    Friday, April 02, 2010 5:26 PM
  • As a first step, check if all your servers are having the same patch levels.

    Next, has this failed to be deployed in both your WFEs..

    If it has failed in 1 of the servers in your farm, detach that Server and next, use DeleteSolution command in STSADM http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc261929.aspx 

    If the solution is still stuck at deploying then, try cancelling the deployment using stsadm -o canceldeployment -id <yourid>

    and then Re-Deploy your WSP file.


    BR, PM
    Friday, April 02, 2010 5:41 PM
  • 1. Retracted the solution from Central Administration, and force the retraction using the "stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs" command again.
    2. Deleted the solution.
    3. Installed the solution again, on the servers.
    4. Use the "stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs" command again on all servers to make sure that all timer jobs for the synchronization and deployment of the solution are executed.

    Cogito, ergo sum.
    Monday, April 05, 2010 2:09 AM
  • I did all steps that posted. Still having problem.

    Jamsbond
    Wednesday, April 07, 2010 3:56 PM
  • Take a look at the SPTimer Service on all servers. It must be running.
    If it is running, try to restart it on all servers.

    René


    visit my SharePoint blog: http://www.hezser.de/blog
    Wednesday, April 07, 2010 7:00 PM
  • Sri,

    Is your problem resolved, if not this is a helpful post on how you can fix this issue:

    http://ddkonline.blogspot.com/2010/05/fix-for-sharepoint-2007-solution.html

    Hope this helps.


    BR, PM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 6:34 PM
  • I had the same problem (similar behaviour at least). I restarted the SP Timer service, deleted the solution (it was not deployed, but if it had been I would have retracted it first), and redeployed it, and it worked. Thanks.
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:22 AM