none
SharePoint 2010 OOTB filtering and sorting is not working in XsltListViewWebPart in Arabic

    Question

  • I am working on a multilingual site in English and Arabic. I have some pages with XsltListViewWebPart to view custom lists with no more than 12 fields to display. These are connecting webparts and provides filter values to another XsltListViewWebPart on same page.

    When I open this page in Arabic its OOTB filtering and sorting does not work and also it does not show Display form when i click on Title of any of the list items.

    When I click on any of the column headers it shows the filtering and sorting menu with all option and filtering values but after click nothing happens.

    However if there is any lookup field in same webpart and when i click on that it shows display form of that particulat lookup item.

    This happenss only if I open these pages in Arabic.. in English everything works fine.

    Nothing is customized but conditional formating on one column and added connection between webparts.

    Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:20 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    This is a known issue and you can try the following solution.

    Create a Custom Sorting Profile
    1.Create a sub-directory in %FASTSEARCH%\etc\alphasort , where the sub-directory name will be the name of the sort profile.
    2.Create a main configuration file named AlphaSortMasterFile.xml in this sub-directory. Use the default file as a basis.
    3.Create a set of language specific configuration files depending on your application need. A number of sample files are supplied that can be used as a basis.
    4.Create a fullsort sub-element to the field specification, indicating the sort profile with the attribute profile.
    In index profile, if you're using the alphasort setting under: %FASTSEARCH%\etc\alphasort\generic, that'll be the sort profile name.
    <field name="title">
    <fullsort profile="generic"/>
    </field>

    The example of one scenario in here is for setting up the Japanese sorting.
    use the "generic" profile and the full sort field point to this generic profile.
    1). Backup your esp\etc\alphasort\generic\AlphaSortMasterFile.xml file
    2). Edit the AlphaSortMasterFile.xml to look like the following:
    NOTE: Increase the sortValue from the original value for CJK is recommended(with checking if there is any performance impact), for example from default 6 to 32.

    <!DOCTYPE masterFile SYSTEM "../SortMaster1_0.dtd">
    <masterFile>
    <sortValueWidth>32 </sortValueWidth>
    <importFiles>
    <importFile>Space.xml</importFile>
    <importFile>Numbers.xml</importFile>
    <importFile>Latin.xml</importFile>
    <importFile>Arabic.xml</importFile>
    <importFile>Hebrew.xml</importFile>
    <importFile>Cyrillic.xml</importFile>
    <importFile>Greek.xml</importFile>
    <importFile>Kana.xml</importFile>
    <importFile>Kanji-by-radical.xml </importFile>
    </importFiles>
    </masterFile>
    3). reefed the data and do reset index

    Thanks & Regards,
    Emir


    Emir Liu

    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, October 22, 2012 11:10 AM