none
Connecting sub-task to tasks in SharePoint lists

Question

• I know that SharePoint does not support sub-tasks out-of-the-box, meaning I can't add a task and then create sub-tasks that are automatically related to that task that roll-up appropriately for reports , calculations, deletions etc.  Our requirement is not necessarily to do this across sites at this time, task and subtasks are within the same site and could be the same or different lists.

I have seen commercial web parts that can be purchased to do this, but I can't seem to find any instructions or examples on how to develop my own.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Maybe a better way?  Maybe use a DB and the BDC instead to accomplish this?

Any suggestions would be welcome.  We have the enterprise version of MOSS.

Thanks
    Terry
    Friday, August 01, 2008 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hello I was wondering where I can find some webparts that will allow me to create sub-tasks in sharepoint.  I am not a developer so i am looking for something I can buy.

Thanks

Alaa
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 6:55 PM
  • I THINK Bamboo solutions has a web part that will do this.  There was also something on CodePlex that someone was working on but I don't know if it was ever completed.

This is not as trivial as it sounds.  SharePoint was not built with this in mind.  Maybe SharePoint 2010?
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 7:09 PM