none
Increase SharePoint list or site template size limit - get an error using powershell

    Question

  • When I try to run this command to increase the size limit to 500mg
    STSADM -o setproperty -pn max-template-document-size -pv 500000000

    I get the following error:
    "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

    I've run this off of the SP Powershell and powershell.exe as administrator, and I still get the same error.

    Any ideas?


    Steven David Taub
    Monday, November 07, 2011 11:33 PM

Answers

  • Hi.

    Perhaps you need to have SPShellAdmin rights?

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607596.aspx

     

    Regards

     


    Thomas Balkeståhl - Technical Specialist - SharePoint - http://blksthl.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by stfromli Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:26 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by stfromli Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by stfromli Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:53 PM
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Thanks but the problem was due to a strange issue, an update that wasn't completed properly.   It caused some unexpected results, one of them being that some functionality wasn't working and was disabled.  Once we discovered this error, problem resolved!!!!

     


    Steven David Taub
    • Proposed as answer by EVC Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:28 PM

All replies

  • Hi.

    Perhaps you need to have SPShellAdmin rights?

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607596.aspx

     

    Regards

     


    Thomas Balkeståhl - Technical Specialist - SharePoint - http://blksthl.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by stfromli Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:26 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by stfromli Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by stfromli Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:53 PM
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Thanks but the problem was due to a strange issue, an update that wasn't completed properly.   It caused some unexpected results, one of them being that some functionality wasn't working and was disabled.  Once we discovered this error, problem resolved!!!!

     


    Steven David Taub
    • Proposed as answer by EVC Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:28 PM