none
Parent child relation forms in infopath store data in sharepoint list without using VSTA code

Question

• HI Experts,

I have few form to develope in infopath 2010 but I can not use VSTA code I just have to use webservice. Using these forms I have to store data in sharepoint list. I also have to create parent child relation forms. means the data will submit in two lists which has parent child relation or one to many. Can you help me out on this. both the parent and child form will be displayed in one form.  

Saturday, October 22, 2011 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For me, this is not possible to save content of a form to two different lists without using custom code... InfoPath not know the fields that would be save to one list and the fields that would be save to another...

Your only solution will be to send the form to a custom Web Service (for example a WCF Service that take an xmldocument in parameter) that will do what you want.

But if you work like this, that means that you could not modify the form after submit him.

Why don't you save the whole form into one form library and use metadata to show the content you want?

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, November 03, 2011 6:55 AM
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 7:44 PM