none
SharePoint 2007 - Using "Assigned To" Column From Collect Feedback Workflow in a Calculated Formula

Question

• Hello,

I am in a SharePoint 2007 environment and I am trying to use the "Assigned To" column from the generated "Tasks" list (generated from running a Collect Feedback workflow) in a calculated formula.  Unfortunately, the "Assigned To" column is not available under the "Insert Column" selection.  Is there anyway to use the data in the "Assigned To" field for formula lookups?

The reason that I need to use "Assigned To" in a formula is to assign specific branches to the list based on the person to whom the task is "Assigned To".  For example: If a task is assigned to Person A, then Branch A would be populated for the given field. 

Thank you for your time, and please let me know if you need more information.

Monday, January 24, 2011 10:27 PM

Answers

• I think you will need to look at doing this through an additional SPD workflow.  From what i have seen, the Assigned to field (and the other fields that display a user name) are not typical fields.  They contain a lot of HTML and Java embedded in the value. 

I would create a lookup list that contains the name in one column (using a person field) and the Branch in the other.  This way you do not have to modify the workflow if the names change.  From the workflow, compare the Assigned To field in the task list to the name field in the lookup list and then set the Branch field in the task list to the applicable branch.

Hope this helps

Ed

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:39 PM