none
Workflow with daily alerts and reminder

Question

• Hi,

i have to create a workflow which basically implement CAPA process. In workflow based on decision i have to assign task to user, also i have to send daily alerts and reminder email before the deadline.

Is there any steps / article regarding implementing CAPA workflow in SP.

Please also suggest better way to develop CAPA business workflow should i use SP Designer or Timer Job.

so please give me an idea how i can set daily reminder and alerts during workflow lifecycle.

Thanks.

iffi

• Edited by imughal Friday, May 25, 2012 6:00 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 5:55 AM

Answers

• Hi

regarding workflow , i suggest you to use scheduled task , and powershell scripts

For this

On your list add a new column name it - COL_SEND_MAIL -  type YEs, NO, default value NO

In your workflow, which will start when n item is changed, and when COL_SEND_MAIL = YES

next step: send email as you need

next step: revert value COL_SEND_MAIL=NO

The powershellscript will parse the list - each night - as you  schuled it , and based on your conditions ( like DUE_date = today ) if are true will replace COL_SEND_MAIl with YEs ( this way will force the workflow to start )

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCTS, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:26 AM