none
Master List for Task

Question

• First we are Using MOSS 2007.

What we would like to do is setup a Master list of all of our Employers.

Then I want to create an unlimited amount of list of Task for each Employer that I have.
    What I would like to do is create a Setup task with a set of task that needs to be complete for each Employer.
    Next Week if we want to create another set of task for all of our Employers I want to be able to point it at the originial Employer List to generate the task we need to do.  I am not sure if this is making sense.

Example:
    Step 1 Create A list of our 200+ Employers with some standard information.

Step 2 Create a Task List that says setup....somehow have this automatically create an entry for each of the 200+ Employers.

Step 3 Create a Second Task List...somehow have this automatically create an entry for each of the 200+ Employers as well.

Step 4 Add another Employer in the Original List....Have the 2 Task list automatically add the task for the new Employer...

Can this be done????  Where is a good place to find more information about this?
    Monday, July 13, 2009 10:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems that you need to create some user-list, task-list in sharepoint site, something like task assignments.

Thanks for the description of your requirement, but I still need to know more about your case:

·         Would you please give me more explanation of Employers-List?

·         Did you only need to define some employer information or need to define the employers as site user?

And if we use programming, we can do this by Object Module (SPList, SPlistItem...)

You can create and set site and list by OTB function and then add some customization logic such as:

·         Automatically add user to a list.

·         Automatically assign tasks to some employer

Reference of Object Module

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms412748.aspx

Reference of Object Module SPList

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms436098.aspx

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

-Aaron

Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:05 AM