none
sharepoint 2010 : HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Question

• Hello all, i am in a serious fix here.

I started experiencing. ‘HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.’’ After I ran windows update on our SharePoint foundation application server. This is my setup

I have deployed windows SharePoint foundation as a single server farm using Sql server 2008. The user profile services were not running, after several attempts to start it (making reference to several post). So I ran a windows update, after the update, all the application pool was stopped. I restarted them and restarted the server and everything worked. But on the following day which is today, I can’t browse to the central admin site and every other site that was created. I have restarted the server several times and changed the application pool identity to the farm admin account. But there is no change.

If I recycle the application pool I get this error

The object identifier does not represent a valid object (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800710D8)

Any help will greatly be appreciated because I have done a 2 weeks customization on the portal.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:05 AM

Answers

• Thank you all, after trying out so many things and no result. I just removed the application server from the domain and rejoined it back and very thing seem to work. I dont think i have any explanation for what happened, but i think its a permission issue that occured after i did the update.

Thank you all

Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:37 PM

All replies