none
Error : "Assembly signing failed; output may not be signed -- Error signing assembly -- The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" in SharePoint 2010

General discussion

• Hello

I had been working on SPGridView for SharePoint 2010 , I tried adding asp:linqdatasource to fetch the items from the SharePoint 2010 list. I completed the coding successfully but couldnt resolve the error : ""Assembly signing failed; output may not be signed -- Error signing assembly -- The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". I had not tried any signing procedure in my module. Kindly help me solve this issue.

- Adarsha

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:13 AM

All replies

• If you have already deployed assembly in GAC or BIN of webapplication,then you need to take care that related webapplication must be closed.

Also delete old DLL and recompile new one.

Because possibility would be there that the  instance of assembly may be attached to webapplication.

avinash devkate

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:37 AM
  •  Thank you. That issue is solved as I made changes in GAC(Global assembly cache) and made required reference on web.config. 

My next error after connecting with linqdatasource was "Expression of type 'Boolean' expected"

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[ParseException: Expression of type 'Boolean' expected]
       System.Web.Query.Dynamic.ExpressionParser.Parse(Type resultType) +800058
       System.Web.Query.Dynamic.DynamicQueryable.Where(IQueryable source, String predicate, Object[] values) +172
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSourceView.ExecuteSelectExpressions(IQueryable source, IDictionary`2 whereValues, IOrderedDictionary orderByOrderedValues, IDictionary`2 groupByValues, IDictionary`2 orderGroupsByValues, IDictionary`2 selectNewValues) +276
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSourceView.ExecuteSelectQuery(LinqDataSourceSelectEventArgs selectEventArgs, Object selectResult, Object table, Boolean storeOriginalValues) +744533
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +509
       System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +27
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +261
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +46
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

How to handle this error ?

"Expression of type 'Boolean' expected"-This error occurs when I try to perform filtering operation on SPGridview. How can this be rectified ?

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:57 AM