none
Performance Point Web part in sharepoint 2007

    Question

  • Hi

    I am new to performance point but was able to create a new scorecard and dashboard and successfully publish it onto a sharepoint site. The problem now is that when i use the 'ScorecardViewWebPart' to display my scorecard within a sharepoint page it gives me this error. 'There is a problem rendering this control. Please contact your system administrator'. It would be great if somebody could help me out with this error because i cant find any other help online.

     

    Thanks

    sriraag

    Monday, June 04, 2007 7:09 AM

Answers

  •  

    Hello,
    After posting the same issue on this site, I found that this is a Known Issue.

    Please see the Known Issues with PPS at the link below. 
    http://office.microsoft.com/download/afile.aspx?AssetID=AM102421811033 

     

    See the issue for “When you attempt to add annotations, such as comments, to a cell in a scorecard that contains special characters, an error message appears.”   under PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer Known Issues.

     

    I had a special character in one scorecard and not the other.  So I could use comments in one scorecard (the one without a special character in the KPI number format) but not the other (the one with the special character in the KPI number format.)  Just removing the character from the KPI number format does not fix the problem.  You have to create an entirely new copy of the scorecard before it resolves itself.  Rename the new copy when you delete the original scorecard from the Monitoring server repository (not just from your workspace).  Also, if you added this scorecard to any SharePoint pages you will have to fix those links in the web part editor of the SharePoint page. 

    It is frustrating because we can’t add the “%” character to indicate a percentage versus a count in our scorecards. That will be confusing for our clients.

     

    I hope this helps resolve your issues.

    Monday, August 11, 2008 9:18 PM

All replies

  • After major headaches even getting to this point with CTP2, I am now experiencing the exact same thing.  Did you ever get an answer to this?
    • Proposed as answer by Gromitted Monday, August 11, 2008 9:12 PM
    Friday, June 22, 2007 8:21 PM
  • I am encountering the same issue and would like an answer as well.  Can anyone help?
    • Proposed as answer by Gromitted Monday, August 11, 2008 9:12 PM
    Thursday, August 07, 2008 8:08 PM
  •  

    Hello,
    After posting the same issue on this site, I found that this is a Known Issue.

    Please see the Known Issues with PPS at the link below. 
    http://office.microsoft.com/download/afile.aspx?AssetID=AM102421811033 

     

    See the issue for “When you attempt to add annotations, such as comments, to a cell in a scorecard that contains special characters, an error message appears.”   under PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer Known Issues.

     

    I had a special character in one scorecard and not the other.  So I could use comments in one scorecard (the one without a special character in the KPI number format) but not the other (the one with the special character in the KPI number format.)  Just removing the character from the KPI number format does not fix the problem.  You have to create an entirely new copy of the scorecard before it resolves itself.  Rename the new copy when you delete the original scorecard from the Monitoring server repository (not just from your workspace).  Also, if you added this scorecard to any SharePoint pages you will have to fix those links in the web part editor of the SharePoint page. 

    It is frustrating because we can’t add the “%” character to indicate a percentage versus a count in our scorecards. That will be confusing for our clients.

     

    I hope this helps resolve your issues.

    Monday, August 11, 2008 9:18 PM