none
Reset Option - Custom Document ID Provider (Document ID Service)

Question

• Hi,

I am using custom document id provider. Document id is generated as per the format i have given in the provider. But when i reset the document id's for all documents by using the check box available in the document id settings page, only <GUID> is assigned to all the documents. So all documents in the site collection have only <GUID> as document id. My id format is not coming. Do i need to do anything to get it work or is it a default behavior? I need to have the id with my format in all the documents even after doing reset. Pls someone help me on this!!

Thanks,

Pulithevan

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 11:36 AM

Answers

•   My issue is resolved.. Document id is reassigned by Document id assignment timer job if you select reset option in the id settings page. GenerateDocumentID Method in Custom Document ID Provider is being called from this timer job. I used configuration list to store the document id format. Based on the format, the document id will be generated. I was getting the configuration list url by accessing the app settings value from the web.config file. We can't access the web. config file from the timer job. So, it was throwing an error. I have changed my logic to get the config. list url. Now its working.

Thanks,

Pulithevan.

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:41 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 11:33 AM

All replies