none
How to create an interactive pivot table/chart within Sharepoint Server?

Question

• The thing I'm dealing with is that I need to use BI tool to create pivot table/chart to for user who's going to see data through browser. However, after I successfully created a cube by using SSAS in MSSQL and connected it with MS Excel 2007, I got stuck in publishing  MS Excel Spreadshit containning pivottable/chart to Excel Web Access Aart within Sharepoint Server 2007. Each time I want to filter/refresh data it turns out to be failed.

It's says this: The data refresh failed.
    The data cannot retrieve the external data for the following connection:  "server_name. db"
    The data source may be unreachable, may not be responding, or may denied you access.
    Verify the data refresh is enabled for  the trusted file location and that the workbook data authentication is correctly set.
    I'm not sure what I would miss in setting up or activating any service, shoud I install sth. like ActiveX Aomponent like it used to be done in Excel 2003?

By the way I'v already added web site(subsite) into the trusted file location and I'm not AD user which means I'm using Windows authentication only which is set up within data connection authentication. And I'm running the MOSS2007 Enterprise Edition with MSSSQL 2005 on Windows Server 2003 sp2

Could someone help me out!? or should I give up creating an interactive pivot table in Sharepoint Server?
    Anything give for advice would be really appreciated!!

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:14 AM Time pressure ("I've been dealing with this for two weeks") removed. Just ask the question.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:02 AM

Answers

All replies