none
How can i display one site document library to another site?

Question

• Hi

I have 6 subsites and system manual site.i created some library in subsites.Now i want to show all subsite library to system manual site.If i make any changes means it would reflect in this library also.Dont say link to document idea.This is not linking document.i have to show documents what is there in subsite.pls help me

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Did you look into the content query web part?

Blog: www.jasperoosterveld.com Twitter: @SharePTJasper

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:50 AM
  • How to get all libraries files by content query?

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:51 AM
  • One more thing.I have to centralize all libraries to one library in system manual site
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:53 AM
  • That is not possible. You can only show documents from the libraries, with the CQWP, in the manual site.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:54 AM
  • how can i add all document libraries by content query?
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:57 AM
  • You can't. You can use the CQWP to display the content of the libraries. 

That is the whole point right? To show content from other sites at another site.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:59 AM
  • I have to add 7 libraries to manual site.is it possible with content query?
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:01 AM
  • Let's take it one step back. What are you trying to achieve exactly? What are you business goals?

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:02 AM
  • I have one section as System Manuals.This section will be central area for all of systems manual documents.So i have to display subsite documents to manual site.
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Use the CQWP at the system manuals site to display manual documents.

You should create a contenttype for your manual documents. Attach this content type to every manual document and refer the CQWP to only load these content types.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:11 AM
  • Ok dude ill try and let u know
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:13 AM
  • Hi can u pls provide some links to create content type and how to refer that content type to another document library.
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Check out my article about the content types:

http://www.jasperoosterveld.com/2012/02/sharepoint-2010-document-management_27.html

The CQWP has the Query option. Select Document Libraries at List Type and your content type under the Content Type header.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:37 AM
  • How to attach content type with manual documents?
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:39 AM
  • What do you mean?

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:47 AM
  • U said that attach  content type to every manual document and refer the CQWP to only load these content types.How to do this?
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:48 AM
  • Did you create the content type? Go to the document libraries, library settings, advanced settings, enable content types, add your content type, edit the properties of a document and attach the content type.

In my previous reply I said how to configure the CQWP.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:50 AM
  • I created and added content type.While editing my document properties tat content type column s not coming?
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:52 AM
  • I got it.Thanks.Next wat to do in manual site?
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:53 AM
  • Good ;)

Add the CQWP and configure it:

The CQWP has the Query option. Select Document Libraries at List Type and your content type under the Content Type header.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:59 AM
  • Thanks yaar:)
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 9:02 AM
  • No probs!

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 9:03 AM
  • Hi for every site have to create content type for documents?
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 9:25 AM
  • You have to create the content type at the top level of your site collection. By doing this you can use it in every site.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 9:48 AM
  • I configured in manual site.i have to create column to separate the document from their site.is it possible?
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 9:54 AM
  • What do you mean exactly?

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 10:52 AM
  • I configured content query.its showing only documents but i want to add columns like

WA        Human resources

Fa         Projects

I have to create column to put like this in content query webpart?

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 11:07 AM
  • You have to use the slots in the CQWP. You should read Waldeks post about this:

http://www.endusersharepoint.com/EUSP2010/2010/05/06/inconvenient-content-query-web-part-slots/

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Am working with office 365.So i need no code solution
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 11:14 AM
  • That is no code :-)

The CQWP has a section called Styles. Every style has a couple of slots available. You can attach column names to these slotes to display the metadata of the documents. You can try to use the existing styles such as Title and Description.

Otherwise you have to create your own stylesheet so you can create multiple slots and display the documents in another way then the default of SharePoint. 

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 11:20 AM
  • Suraj / Jeevap,

Just a note on forum decorum.  Jasper has spent a lot of time in providing answers to some very basic questions and provided links that you really could have spent 15 minutes googling yourself.

Community members provide thier expertise for free but it doesn't mean that they'll do ALL your work for you.  Please meet us half-way, have a search about and then let us know what might not be clear or what hasn't work.

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

Thursday, May 03, 2012 12:06 PM
    Answerer