TFS_SERVER

Вопрос

• Hi Guys,

im unable to install tfs_server.exe. when im trying to instal in it displays a msg as follows

"The procedre entry point LCMapStringEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dil"

plz help me out guys..

with regards..

AMIT

2 марта 2012 г. 6:38

Ответы

• Hello AMIT,

Based on your description, it seems that you got errors when you install TFS11 beta. If my understanding is correct, please make sure that the installation media you are using is not corrupted. And you can get it here from Microsoft offical site:

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/11/en-us/downloads#tfs

And on which OS you would like to install the TFS11 beta produce? Please make sure you are installing it on a supported OS:

Supported Operating Systems

• Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
    • Windows 8 Consumer Preview (x86 and x64)
    • Windows Server 2008 (x64) with Service Pack 2
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
    • Windows Server 8 Beta (x64)

Additonally, I am sorry that I can't get more information from the error messages you offered above, it is better if you can provide me sme more detailed error messages.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

5 марта 2012 г. 13:17
    Модератор

Все ответы

• Hi AMIT,

I am moving your thread into the Team Foundation Server - SetupForum for dedicated support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

5 марта 2012 г. 2:05
  • Hello AMIT,

Based on your description, it seems that you got errors when you install TFS11 beta. If my understanding is correct, please make sure that the installation media you are using is not corrupted. And you can get it here from Microsoft offical site:

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/11/en-us/downloads#tfs

And on which OS you would like to install the TFS11 beta produce? Please make sure you are installing it on a supported OS:

Supported Operating Systems

• Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
    • Windows 8 Consumer Preview (x86 and x64)
    • Windows Server 2008 (x64) with Service Pack 2
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
    • Windows Server 8 Beta (x64)

Additonally, I am sorry that I can't get more information from the error messages you offered above, it is better if you can provide me sme more detailed error messages.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]

5 марта 2012 г. 13:17
    Модератор
  • I have exactly the same issue, with the installer downloaded from the MSDN site (I tried two different downloads, same error). Any more sensible solutions?
    7 июня 2012 г. 16:23
  • What operating system are you using?  When do you hit the error; is it as soon as you kick off tfs_server.exe or is it part way through the install?  
    7 июня 2012 г. 18:03
  • I am experiencing the same problem because I am trying to install TFS_EXPRESS on Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Std. Would you know if there are work-arounds for me to be able to install this?

Much help is totally appreciated

-Anthony

• Изменено Anthony012 20 июня 2012 г. 15:50
    20 июня 2012 г. 8:10
  • Server 2008 is the minimum required OS for this version of TFS.  You'll need to install on 2008 or newer.
    21 июня 2012 г. 2:11
    Модератор